As an insurance underwriter you will be managing your own portfolio of large corporate clients, assessing the risks associated with these groups, and working closely with sales account managers to provide support to the company when renewing existing business. Keeping records of renewal negotiations and accurate input of data is important in this role.
There are many opportunities within the team to get involved in various other processes which expand your knowledge and provide variety to the position. You will learn a lot about the insurance market, and can learn new skills from the other teams that we work closely with. You will also if you wish have the opportunity to further progress your own career by working towards Chartered Insurance Institute qualifications.
To be successful in this role you will need good written and verbal communication, an approachable manner, and good numeracy skills. If you possess these skills and want to work in a friendly team with variety and opportunity then please fill in the online application.
Skills, knowledge and behaviour
- Highly numerically articulate
- Ability to understand any potential risks to our business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Good influencing & negotiation skills
- Ability to identify trends in data
- Problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the PMI industry (would be advantageous however not essential)
What will you get from this role?
- Salary - £20,000 - £25,000
- 25 days annual leave
- Perfomance related annual bonus
- PMI after qualifying period
- Contributory pension
- Numerous external discounts
AXAPPP Healthcare is one of the largest private medical insurers in the UK employing over 2,000 people. There is one thing that makes more of a difference to our organisation than anything else: our people. It?s their ideas, commitment and knowledge that help us create the products and provide the service that our customers really want.
We are delighted we have been voted two years running as one of the best big companies to work for survey organised by The Sunday Times. It is based on response from our own people and we see it as a demonstration of the supportive environment we have built here.
AXA UK - 8 months ago