Job Title National Sales Manager AutoReqId 85485BR Job Family Sales Job Category Full-Time Job Classification Permanent Division Abbott International Shift Days Relocation Assistance None Job Description • Leading and managing a team of hospital specialist sales representatives, and allocated promotional budgets, to deliver the sales targets and objectives set by the Business Unit Manager.
- Managing and developing one full-time field coach to ensure the development, co-ordination and delivery of coaching plans for all representatives to drive improvement in in-call quality.
- To co-ordinate all salesforce brand commercial activities and performance, ensuring that the team exceeds goals.
- To work closely within the Core Brand Team and represent the Salesforce, to ensure all relevant market intelligence and in field execution feedback is transferred to shape Brand strategies
- To champion the new multidisciplinary way of working in the field
- Responsible for achieving the sales targets and delivering goals (including activity targets, targeting etc.)
- Responsibility for hiring, developing and maintaining a team of hospital specialist representatives.
- Develop local sales solutions and strategies to grow the sales of Virology promoted products nationally within agreed expense budgets.
- Implement and monitor marketing strategies and promotional campaigns
- Develop selling and account management skills and product knowledge of all team members
- Managing and developing the sales performance coach to support the team to drive improvement in selling skills.
- Represent the team within the core brand team, feeding into strategy, plans and tactics on a regular basis with the rest of the cross-functional team.
- Monitor and consolidate the outcomes of account plans in order to feed the brand planning process and brand team meetings
- Set targets, objectives and incentives schemes at the beginning of each sales cycle relating to work input, output and quality
- Coach and follow up on the knowledge and skills development of the sales team.
- Collate and elevate consolidated market intelligence and in field performance to the Brand Team
- Influence the opinions of key stakeholders assigned by the Brand team (e.g. high prescribing physicians, wholesalers) and as planned in the in field teams
- Monitor performance of the representatives: carry out regular reviews of agreed objectives and follow up as necessary
- Motivate and build effective multidisciplinary in field teams, communicating the brand strategy and how this is translated into specific objectives
- Forecasting and budget planning
To comply with the company’s policies and procedures to meet statutory, quality and business requirements within the overall strategy and objectives Abbott Laboratories Ltd.
Note: This job description describes the principal and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they currently exist, but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule and is not part of the contract of employment. Skills/Experience Requirements Experience & Knowledge:
- Essential – prior experience in sales management
- Demonstrated experience in managing people
- Excellent knowledge of the NHS
- Good knowledge of the ABPI Code of Practice
- Training experience desirable
- Some experience in marketing desirable
– Goals setting and definition of the strategies to achieve them
- Ability to think strategically, e.g.:
– Focus on development of high potential area (at sales, people and project level)
– Understanding of the various influences, pressures and demands that impact stakeholders decisions
- Ability to create and manage Teams, encouraging experience exchange and best practice sharing
- Ability to develop high performers and “manage” low performers
- Ability to take care of the people’s professional development
- Ability to identify, retain and recruit high potential people
- Ability to build a good relationship with KOLs
- Ability to identify needs and attitudes of the different customer segments
- Ability to organize and plan work activities (realistic plans, action steps and timetables, as well as clear expectations)
- Ability to understand targeting principles and develop specific targeting and operational plans
- Ability to communicate vision and be a facilitator among the different in field roles and towards the Brand team
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively in a matrix environment
- Ability to gather customer insights
- Ability to analyse and interpret sales data and drive sales team activity accordingly Education Requirements Degree caliber or equivalent Percent of Travel 50+ % Country United Kingdom State/Province Field Site Location Field Sales - FS
Abbott Laboratories - 4 years ago
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....