Job Title: Experienced Site Manager
Location: Burgess Hill, West Sussex (RH15)
Type of works: New Build, Extensions, Refurbishment, Conversion and Alterations throughout East and West Sussex for a range of clients including, County Councils, Local Authorities, Police, Fire and Rescue, Health Trusts, Government Agencies and Commercial Clients.
The successful applicant will be preferably from a trade's background with a proven track record of managing construction projects from £100K to £1.5million, be fully conversant with Health and Safety legislation and be in possession of a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Certificate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Look after the Company's interests in managing the site efficiently, effectively and safely as per programme and control of site labour and sub-contractors to achieve the company's on-going growth, goals and profitability.
* Manage all aspects of site Health & Safety and Welfare. Collate and complete accurately all information for the H&S file
* Manage safely any interface with the public i.e. vehicle movements, site boundary fencing, other dangers that may cause a hazard to the public and building users
* Carry out site inductions, risk assessments and method statements and convey to workforce.
* Inspect and complete site inspections and the site dairy daily; maintain and ensure all health & Safety Forms are up to date and completed accurately and daily
* Motivate and direct the site labour to achieve better efficiency in the use of materials, time and effort.
* Quality check the work at all times and communicate with the workforce and management to resolve issues, problems and concerns as they become evident.
* Liaise with the Contract's & Estimating and Elec. & Mech. Managers to achieve cost effective and scheduled resource allocation.
* Liaise with the Client/Architect and building users to ensure safety and satisfaction
* Agree and actively promote the set standards of conduct at work which are clearly set out in the Company Rules, Company Procedures, Contract of Employment and Job Description to ensure complete client satisfaction
* Have an in depth understanding of the construction process; set out buildings, drainage, levels etc. and have knowledge of standard building details.
* Be able to take off quantities, schedule materials, and call off orders.
* Keep a clean and tidy site and be actively responsible for the site, its security, persons and property on the site.
* Manage the site waste and environment to comply with all Legislation and good working practices
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter.
(Keywords: Experienced Site Manager , Site Manager, Site Coordinator, Business Coordinator, Facilities Coordinator, Business Controller, Site Controller, Business Management, Facilities Lead, Business Supervisor, Site Supervisor, Facilities Supervisor, Site Manager, Business Manager, Facilities Manager, Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Certificate)
fish4jobs - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
We work on behalf of a range of clients, from small to large, from care to sales we can help you find the very best candidates out there and...