The role of the Systems Accountant is to ensure the optimal use of the systems for all financial reporting purposes.
You will work closely with all teams within Finance Shared Services and local airport Finance teams manage the integrity of the General Ledger and to improve processes through the design and development reports in the finance systems.
The successful applicant will:
· Be responsible for governance of the LHR Airports Finance OBIEE reporting suite in the capacity of the Finance Power User.
· Work with colleagues to understand the reporting requirements for other departments within Finance and develop reporting solutions
· Ensure the integrity of the General Ledger
· Co-ordinate and support the month end close across the finance community
· Assist Finance users with systems support and training
· Liaise with functional consultants in optimising the use of the Oracle and SAP BPC systems
· Assist key stakeholders with the successful implementation, upgrade & development of key finance systems and robust reporting tools
· Assist the Business Data & Systems Management Team Manager with any other ad hoc duties or projects required
- Part Qualified Accountant (or qualified by experience)
- Excellent understanding of Oracle General Ledger
- Advanced excel
- Excellent understanding of inter-company principles
- Good communication skills – written & oral
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders
· Previous experience of using Oracle generated system reports
· Previous experience of SAP Business Planning & Consolidation
· Previous experience of Oracle R12 and OBIEE.
This role is part of the Business Support Centre specialist job family and is for a fixed term of 12 months.
- This role requires the successful applicant to be flexible and work to tight deadlines, particularly at month end.
- The role does not have any line reports or budgetary responsibility.
BAA Airports Limited
- 2 years ago - save job