A Materials Engineer / Specialist is being recruited by Astrium in Stevenage. The successful applicant will provide materials, mechanical parts and processes engineering support to business unit projects as required. To contribute to the Materials and Processes team mission of assuring the quality of materials and processes used in Astrium products. This role reports to the respective site Materials Engineering Manager.
The key tasks of the role are:
- To act as the responsible materials engineer for one or more project/product teams, as necessary acting as the single contact point for the resolution of all materials and processes issues.
- To satisfy internal customers (projects, product teams, manufacturing, AIT, procurement, design office, PA….) through the application of specialist materials and processes knowledge. To assure performance of planned activities, on time and with respect to the governing product assurance requirements.
- To instigate and manage to completion materials and processes selection, development, evaluation and qualification programmes.
- To participate in risk reviews at all stages of product design, development and manufacture, ensuring that materials and processes risk retirement plans are carried through.
- To prepare declared materials and processes lists and ensure that adequate materials and processes qualification has been achieved by CDR.
- To review and approve subcontractor/supplier materials and processes documentation. To monitor the technical performance of subcontractors and suppliers and participate in audits.
- To maintain awareness of developments in the field of materials and processes.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
Required work experience:
- Good interpersonal skills, communication and presentation capability. Open-ness and flexibility.
- Customer and results oriented.
- Facilitation skills for leading problem solving and risk analysis.
- Autonomy, ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Specialist materials and processes knowledge in relevant fields such as: electronics technology, soldering and SMT, printed materials circuit boards, some knowledge of paints, coatings and adhesives would be desireable.
- Experience of working in a controlled, high technology environment.
- Multidisciplinary team working.
- Transnational awareness.
- Appreciation of audits and continuous improvement.
- Awareness of health and safety, environment and COSHH.
- National and international travel.
- Degree qualified Materials specialist with wide knowledge of metals and non-metals.
EADS Recruitment Centre
Applications should be made via the EADS website.
NB: all engineering roles within the EADS group are advertised for a minimum of one month to ensure maximum visibility to potential candidates. However, if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
We are working towards providing equal opportunities and becoming a benchmark diversity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to EADS using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by EADS.
EADS - 2 years ago
Astrium is the number one company in Europe for space technologies and the third in the world. In 2011, Astrium had a turnover close to...