At Sky, our mission is to become the nation's No.1 entertainment choice. Already one of the world's largest broadcasters with more than ten million subscribers in one in three UK homes, we are now taking our success to new levels. If you share our ambition, passion and entrepreneurial spirit, then we need you to be part of our exciting future.
We currently have a position for a Project Manager to join our Entertainment Projects department in Broadcast Services. Broadcast Services designs, develops and operates Sky's Broadcast infrastructure in the UK with the continued goal of improving flexibility and efficiency. Broadcast Services Projects is a specialist team providing Programme and Project Management along with Project support to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of leading edge, highly complex technical programmes & projects in line with business expectations.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for Project Managers that have focussed on and have a proven track record in delivering leading edge solutions in a broadcast infrastructure environment. With the ability to motivate and lead others, you will need to be able to work with a diverse group of people working through challenges to deliver on time, on budget, within the agreed scope and to the quality expected by a leading Entertainment company such as Sky. With clear business acumen, the role will require you to have strong problem solving skills and good judgemental skills to solve problems and keep projects on track. Our business unit customer's expectations are high therefore you will be accountable for managing the quality of service which is provided by the department to these key internal customers.
You will be working in a challenging environment managing multiple projects of different sizes with multiple stakeholders therefore your strong relationship management and communication skills will be vital. As a key member of a multi-skilled Projects team, you will play a major part in contributing to the continued success of the department whilst developing your skills and career at Sky.
For the role, we are looking for you to demonstrate the following skills and experience
PRINCE 2, APMP)
- Proven track record on end to end delivery on complex Broadcast, Media, and Technology focussed projects.
- Solid knowledge of Broadcast infrastructure and the end to end Broadcast playout chain.
- Specialist knowledge in Project Management and associated methods and tools.
- Skilled in at least one project management formal method used in a cross disciplined environment (
Media & Technology sectors preferred.
- Broad business knowledge including commercial, financial and technical awareness.
- Experience of managing multiple projects of varying sizes and resources within a Project environment.
- Experience of operating in a business change environment advantageous.
- Previous relevant experience of customer, supplier and relationship management.
- Relevant experience in a fast paced industry. Background in working as a Project Manager within the Broadcasting,
Our expectations are high - so in return, we're offering a competitive salary, an excellent overall benefits package, along with development prospects in a business-critical team.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to manage individuals with whom you are not directly responsible for.
- Good communication skills - credible at all levels with strong influencing and conflict resolution skills.
For more information about working for Sky and to apply for the role, visit www.workforsky.com ref. 03060 stating your current/most recent salary and salary expectations.
Our benefits package recognises the essential part you play in Sky's success. We offer free Sky+ HD, broadband and talk services; private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlements, a contributory pension scheme, a Share scheme so you can have a stake in Sky and our success plus Sky Choices; a benefit scheme to help you make valuable tax & national insurance savings.
Sky delivers some of the most diverse content and services on the planet, and we value the same diversity within our business. We provide a culture of entrepreneurialism and opportunity for one and all.
Sky. Believe in better.
BSkyB Ltd - 3 years ago