Velvet is an independent family run lifestyle store that has been running successfully for 13 years.
We are looking for someone hard working to join our team and assist the manager with the day to day running of the store.
- Make sure all customers are being greeted and approached, be proactive in making this happen, and that your team follows suit
- Always be aware of the customer’s needs and expectations, Be able to maintain the high customer service standard, but also find new ways in which to excel
- Deal with difficult customers in a professional and helpful way, to compromise to keep both the customer, and our needs as a business met
- Make sure the shop is always clean and tidy and that stock is well presented.
- Help with receiving deliveries, pricing stock, replenishing tables and work within time frames to make sure task are completely quickly.
There will also be opportunities in other areas of the shop that you can assist with once you know our stock and how the shop runs.
These involve: -
- Assisting with buying, in particular jewellery, accessories, cards & wrap
- Social media – Velvet has Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and it needs to be checked regularly, we do need someone who can constantly maintain it and upload ideas to it daily.
- Merchandising – Stock comes in everyday and all the staff will constantly help with re-arranging and moving items. But there will be times when a whole new display needs to be done and you will be left to display stock in your own way.
- Training – If new staff are employed you will aid in the training and ensure they are up to the Velvet standard
- We are also currently looking at new ways to advertise and promote the Velvet name, so any ideas and suggestions you can bring to us we can work together to develop them.
- As velvet is an independent store, we are constantly changing and improving the way we look and the way the store runs. So any ideas staff have about various areas will also be welcome.
Hours per week
Competitive hourly rate, 28 days holiday (for full time), staff discount, paid lunch break
Indeed - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard