An opportunity has arisen with a popular ICT repair company in central Brighton, to work repairing lap-tops and smart phones. You will work directly with the company owner repairing a wide range of products and quoting the cost for customers’ repairs.
This company, with more than 10 years of expertise in the field specialise in laptop repairs and are very experienced in all aspects of hardware repair. Working directly with the company director, day to day duties include the following:
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
- Dealing with customer enquiries in person and at the repair shop counter
- Logging telephone enquiries from customers
- Quoting prices for repair costs, both by telephone and at the shop counter
- Cash Handling and issuing receipts to customers
- Repairing a wide range of hardware for telephone and lap-top products, including: Dell, Toshiba, Packard Bell, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, IBM, Samsung, HP, Compaq, Sony, eMachines, I-Phone
- Data Recovery - cloning failing hard drives onto a new drive without loss of data.
- Installing operating systems - Windows 7, Windows 8, OSX installed with all the correct drivers for laptop
- Virus and malware removal
- Memory upgrades
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Brighton for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals. The qualifications consist of:
You should have a minimum of 5 G.C.S.E Grades (C and above) or equivalents, including English, Maths and ICT.
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)
Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority as it is fully-funded by the Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, in some cases with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.
Graduates, or anyone who has already completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship (in the same subject) unfortunately will not be eligible for this Apprenticeship as funding is not available.
The successful Apprentice will have a strong desire to work in the IT Industry and also have strong IT skills and meet the Apprenticeship entry requirements.
3aaa reserves the right to contact any applicant by email, phone or via Social Media channels to invite candidates to interview, ask further relevant questions or for marketing purposes.
Aspire Achieve Advance Limited is an equal opportunities training provider and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/JobSeeking/Apprentice-ICT-Repair-Technician_job60399715
- 12 months ago - save job