£27,000 - £33,000
Our client is a leader in the design and manufacture of bespoke consumer products. The award winning company are highly recognised in the consumer market as they offer a tailored solution to customers requirements with their extensive range of products.
Our client has been supplying high end consumer products into the European market for a number of years, but most recently they have entered the worldwide market. Due to the increase in orders and to meet the companys growth, we are urgently looking for a design engineer to join a professional design team to be involved in new product development.
You will have a proven track record of successful product design and have previous experience in bringing at least one or more products into market, from concept design, to product testing, through to manufacture.
You will not necessarily have experience the consumer product sector, however it is essential you have experience in designing plastic injection moulding components and materials using a high end 3D CAD system.
Essential Skills / Background Needed:
- Developing innovative ideas for new products
- Designing new Products on 3D CAD
- Prototyping new products as required
- Testing new products and using analysis to review / improve product design
- Testing and evaluating competitors products
- Ensure all process are adhered and documentation completed
Desirable Skills / Considered Background:
- Experience of a high end 3D CAD system: proengineer, NX, SolidWorks, Inventor etc.
- Exposure to designing plastic moulded components
- Degree qualified or similar in a product design or an engineering related subject
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a well established company that supply highly recognised products into the consumer market. There is good scope for career development and they offer good benefits.
- Experience in the consumer product / domestic appliance / defence / automotive / commercial sectors
- Experience in dealing with Far East manufacturers
- Excellent drawing/rendering skills
- Excellent problem solving skills (technical)
Interested parties are encouraged to submit their CV via the link provided for consideration
Key word search: product design, industrial design, design engineer, design, mechanical design, designer, product designer, industrial designer, consumer, plastic, plastics, solidworks, proengineer, inventor, nx, unigraphics, cad, 3d, modelling,
Jobsite UK - 9 months ago