If you are a Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer from a busy Automotive assembly plant i would like to hear from you. This role will be to provide manufacturing engineering expertise to product and process innovation and to build manufacturing suitability into new product design.
- Assist Senior Manufacturing Engineer in reaching departmental targets.
- Process development and assembly sequencing (process flow chart) for new programs
- Manufacture feasibility analysis (DFA/DFM) and PFMEA on new products
- Plant and process layout for new products and plant launches
- Perform cost analysis of product and process alternatives
- Write process specifications and make recommendations regarding ergonomic improvements
- Write specifications for manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for equipment procurement
- Stimulate continuous improvement processes across all platforms.
- Work with all departments to complete product launches
- Monitor assembly equipment through production start-up
- Stimulate TPM in new projects
- Monitor and audit manufacturing best practices and standards in the plant
- Make sure company Operating procedures are implemented and make suggestions when improvements are necessary
- In addition to the above mentioned tasks other activities and responsibilities may be individually defined
- Any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the customers' needs.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preferably Degree in Engineering mechanical or industrial but not essential
- 5 years minimum experience as a Manufacturing or Industrial Engineer
- OEM or Tier One automotive seating or interior trim work experience
- High volume automotive manufacturing engineering work experience
- Follow all Health and Safety and Environment requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training.
- Follow required emergency prevention and operational controls.
- Report all accidents, occupational illnesses and emergencies.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- To be strongly pro-active in order to meet internal/external customer demands
- To continually consider innovative solutions across all processes
- Good team player.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work in pressurized environment
- Deal with queries from internal and external suppliers/ customers
Jobsite UK - 16 months ago