As a junior software engineer you will be helping build and maintain Merced’s Incentive Compensation Management product. You will work with your scrum team in 2-4 week cycles on all aspects of the software development life cycle from design to implementation to testing to support.
Merced Systems is the leading provider of Sales Performance Management and Service Performance Management applications focused on improving operational effectiveness of sales forces and service organizations across a range of vertical industries. Merced Systems' award winning products serve Global 2000 customers, and include advanced analytics, incentive compensation management, coaching, reporting and other performance execution applications. With a strong track record of growth and delivering business impact to its customers, Merced Systems has been profitable for the past 7 years. Merced Systems is a privately held venture capital-based company headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with major operations in the UK.
Successful candidates will have a good degree in computer science, maths or another related subject as well as good A-Level and GCSE grades in Maths and/or Physics. We are looking for an all round junior software engineer with:
- 0-2 years of industry experience
- Solid understanding of Java or another object orientated language.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion and skill for picking up new skills and technologies.
- A team-orientated work ethic.
In addition, the following are desired:
- Experience with an Agile software development methodology, especially Scrum.
- Experience with several different languages.
- Experience developing in Eclipse.
- JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat.
- Extensive experience with SQL on a major RDBMS, especially Oracle.
Annual company success bonus program
Private medical insurance program
Stakeholder pension scheme
Matching charitable gifts program
Merced Systems - 2 years ago
Merced Systems is a private, venture-backed company that is based in Redwood Shores, California. It was founded in 2001 by a team of experie...