Join our Aspiring Leaders Programme 2014, to start an exciting and dynamic career with UK’s second largest airport and the most efficient single-runway airport in the world.
This three-year programme offers a fantastic opportunity to gain real hands on experience in front line roles and management. Through rotations around multiple departments including Security, Terminal operations, Engineering, Retail, Procurement and Airside operations, you will develop a well- rounded appreciation of how the busiest single runway in the world operates.
The Aspiring Leaders Programme provides an insight into the variety of support functions that work together to provide a maximum customer experience and operational excellence. We are always looking to deliver more and you will be a part of this growth by contributing ideas, continuous improvement, delivering projects to drive change, problem solving and working across functions.
During your time on the Aspiring Leaders Programme you will:
What we are offering
- Work in the front line of the business dealing with passengers and airlines and behind the scenes with our support teams driving customer experience and management of the business
- Work in a supervisory role to manage and lead a team.
- Work on projects to gain experience in Finance, HR, Internal Communications, Procurement and Retail.
- Work as part of a team to deliver results.
Support and development plays a key part in any successful career at Gatwick, as part of the Aspiring Leaders Programme you will be assigned a Mentor from our Senior Leader team who will be on hand to guide you through your career. As a future leader at Gatwick, you will be enrolled on the well-recognised and highly valued Discovery OPEN Programme (which is accredited with the Institute of Leadership and Management) to develop your potential and key business and personal skills.
What we are looking for
The Aspiring Leaders Programme is about spotting potential, we are looking for individuals who demonstrate the drive and commitment to be the best and who strive to deliver exceptional results. We need people who:
Candidates must meet the following criteria to apply
- Love working on intense projects that will make a difference to our customers
- Are open to new learning experiences and like to take ownership of their own development
- Have a great aptitude for problem solving
- Love working as part of a dynamic team
- Thrive in a changing environment
- Are good, strong, authentic communicators
- Are driven to outperform and deliver outstanding results
Applicants will also need to demonstrate competence in Gatwick’s core values and behaviours:
- Post Further Education with at least 6 months work experience
- Interest in working in a dynamic Customer Services environment
- Embrace the desire to learn in a challenging fast paced airport environment
- Show good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
To deliver great service everyday:
To be better than the rest:
Working TOGETHER as one team:
Your first experience with London Gatwick may have been as one of our passengers, we welcome over 35 million of you through our doors every year and now we are looking for talented individuals to be part of our Aspiring Leaders Programme to help us deliver the highest possible standards and excellent customer service.
As the world's most efficient single runway airport with airlines travelling to more destinations than any other UK airport, we understand the importance of customer experience, operational efficiency and a commitment to quality and innovation in everything we do to make the journey through Gatwick a safe and pleasant one.
Gatwick is a unique environment; we operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with over 250,000 air traffic movements annually. Running such an operation takes skill, resourcefulness and a can-do attitude - no one day is ever the same!
See our youtube video for further information.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Discovery Graduates are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.
- 11 months ago - save job