Appoint Group are delighted to offer multiple vacancies for qualified and experienced RMN’s to work within an established and well respected low secure service based just outside of Dorking in Surrey.
This vacancy lies within a private low secure hospital which provides care to meet the rehabilitative and ongoing needs of women with complex mental health problems and a history of challenging behaviour in a locked rehabilitation environment. The service caters for women with a personality disorder, mental illness or mild learning disability and who may have substance misuse problems, a history of trauma or offending behaviour or a combination of these difficulties.
The post-holder will be responsible for providing direct nursing care to an allocated caseload of patients under the direct supervision of a Senior Staff Nurse. To develop and implement individualised care plans for patients in accordance with the clinical MDT guidelines. Monitoring patient progress through observation and assessment you will write reports and feedback to review meetings, working within a multidisciplinary environment. You will supervise Healthcare Workers who form part of the nursing team and assist in their clinical practice skills development.
Daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
– Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual care plans
– Check and administer medication as per hospital and regulatory policies
– Develop and maintain relationships with both service users and staff, working to provide a therapeutic environment as a team
– Facilitate therapeutic programmes for patients
– Coordinate nursing shifts
– Supervise support workers
These are permanent full time staff nurse positions offering a salary of £24,000 - £28,000 (dependant on experience) based on 37.5 hours per week.
These positions offer a comprehensive package including a structured training scheme and career progression opportunities, opportunity for overtime, and excellent working environments.
Person Specification –
Applicants should have:
– Diploma (or equivalent/higher) in Nursing studies that allows you to register as a learning disabilities or mental health nurse.
– Knowledge of NMC Code of Conduct.
– Knowledge of current legislation including the Mental Health Act 1983.
– Up-to-date knowledge of the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of people with mental illness, personality disorder and/or challenging behaviour.
– A valid PIN
– Eligibility to live and work in the UK
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
StaffNurse.com - 10 months ago