Summary of Responsibilities:
The role of the Business Development function is to drive the company?s revenue diversification strategy and maximize our ability to identify, select and implement new business initiatives successfully. The function will be responsible for scanning & qualifying opportunities in the travel industry in order to build potential partnerships, alliances or joint ventures that complement Amadeus strategy.
Planning & Strategy
- Manage independently or in collaboration with other business units the Go-to-market plan for new business lines
- Manage the new business creation process, including scanning the market, generating and capturing new business ideas from both, inside and outside the organization.
- Evaluate, select and sell new business initiatives within the organization in order to facilitate implementation.
- Drive and coordinate business development initiatives with marketing, sales & delivery.
Regional Community Network
- Support and drive strategic planning and processes for revenue diversification.
- Participate in special projects related with current and future strategy.
- Identify potential partnerships, alliances and joint ventures that complement our Market/ Regional strategy.
- Actively participate in the Business Development community across Amadeus in the WE region.
- Work towards sharing knowledge and business ideas with the Business Development network.
- Work in collaboration with the Business Development network to maximise resource utilisation for new business opportunities and strategic business lines.
Budgeting, financial control and performance monitoring
- Create & cultivate an ongoing culture of business innovation and corporate entrepreneurship in the organisation.
- Define activities, events, initiatives to create awareness, participation and commitment from the employees towards this cultural change.
- Participate in the definition of the ACO budgeting & Business Planning processes, ensuring that revenue diversification opportunities are appropriately reflected with the mainstream activities.
- Define and monitor performance indicators for the unit to assess effectiveness of business development activities against defined goals in full alignment with central requirements.
- Report results on a regular basis to General Manager to assess revenue growth & profitability.
Relevant Job Experience:
- Create, develop & maintain structured relationships with key decision-makers within the travel industry & related sectors.
- Ensure collaborative relationships with the internal stakeholders at the local level & with relevant central units, as necessary.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics or equivalent in experience.
- Entrepreneurial skills/strategic agility.
- Ability to create, defend & realize competitive & breakthrough strategies & future-oriented plans.
- Innovation & change management skills.
- Networking, negotiation & influencing abilities.
- Able to work in a cross-functional, global, matrix organization.
- Knowledge of travel industry trends/travel technology.
- Good financial skills
- Bus dev experience in a multinational environment
- Exp in the travel industry or in ICT or service industry with intense use of technology would be an advantage
- Exp in working within a matrix organization would be an advantage.
Amadeus IT Group SA - 23 months ago