You'll bring the energy. We'll provide the channel.
Tesco Bank is here to offer a new approach to banking, building on the foundations of service and dedication that have made Tesco a truly great British brand - and a success worldwide. Bringing that success to the financial industry means bringing the finest talent to our senior and specialist roles, creating a backbone of excellence for our business - and offering professionals like you the chance to make a wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that's breathing new life into the industry.
As a Procurement Assistant you will provide comprehensive support to the Procurement & Supplier Management team to ensure business objectives are met.
Key Responsibilities ;
Experience Required ;
- Managing day to day issues for Director of Procurement & Supplier Management, by planning and organising the daily routine to optimise efficiency and achieve deadlines, ensuring quality and effectiveness.
- Proactively managing diary by highlighting urgent issues and resolving as appropriate.
- Assist in preparing communications, meeting papers and reports for presentation to the various Executive meetings, always selecting the most appropriate methodology for producing, interpreting and presenting the data.
- Liaising in a professional manner with internal and external contacts in order to achieve good working relations. Maintaining confidentiality and demonstrating a diplomatic approach and the ability to influence colleagues at all levels.
- Providing input and support into project/initiatives/development work as required by the Director of Procurement & Supplier Management, either independently or in conjunction with other areas within the business, to drive the launch of new initiatives or the enhancement of existing whilst ensuring TCF is fully embedded.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the performance of Procurement & Supplier Management. Monitor activity, results and progress against clear standards and targets.
- Support the Procurement & Supplier Management Team to deliver the 'Every Little Helps' and 'No One Tries Harder for Customer' values.
- Arranging and co-ordinating internal and external meetings including travel arrangements, venues, equipment and accommodation. Collating and distributing relevant papers, taking minutes as appropriate.
- Keep a reliable 'bring forward' system, liaising with other senior colleagues to ensure requirements are met by the deadline set. Develop and maintain reliable filing systems to ensure efficient storage and retrieval of information.
- Updating the contract database and managing the timeline for renewals within the team
- Updating & maintaining the Procurement & Supplier Management Intranet content, and managing the supplier mailbox
- Complying with all relevant legislation, regulation and risk management standards.
Wherever your talent lies, you'll find challenge and reward in equal measure. Above all else, you'll find fewer boundaries and fewer obstacles to building a career defined by achievement. We're here to go the extra mile for our customers - and we'll do the same for you. For us, it's simple. As long as you have the drive to succeed, we have the opportunity to go further. Visit our website and find the role that's right for you.
- Previous experience in a PA capacity
- Experienced at dairy management
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Possess a high standard of written and verbal skills
- Ability to deal with shifting deadlines and competing priorities
- Fully PC literate
Tesco - 13 months ago
Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations are...