As part of the Digital Business Platform Technology Team, under the supervision of the Development Team Lead, the Principal Developer will deliver projects or changes to existing systems, and assist in the diagnosis and support of systems.
The Principal Developer will act as technical lead responsible for the delivery of complex projects, work closely with other departments and handle various administrative duties. The Principal Developer will design, code, test and correct complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools.
The Principal developer will consistently demonstrate technical leadership for the business as well as having responsibility to manage a team of developers.
Salary & Benefits
- Java based web technologies (Servlets, AJAX, J2EE)
- Core 3rd party Java based libraries (Hibernate, Stripes ie MVC, Commons, IOC)
- TDD using JUnit
- Apache web server, JBoss Application Server
- Oracle database Back End
- Web Service Development and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Agile - Practical application of agile principles. Able to adapt approach to fit
- Coaching and mentoring - Shares knowledge in an open and facilitating way situation, able to identify problems and bottlenecks with process
About Trader Media
- We offer a competitive salary in the region of Â£40,000 - Â£45,000, Dependent on experience.
- Other benefits include 25 days annual leave and a company pension.
Trader Media Group operates in the UK, Ireland and South Africa. The Group is looking to expand on its winning formula: giving trade customers the opportunity to choose all effective channels to market; building the service and relationship with dealers and manufacturers; and strengthening its portfolio of automotive and specialist classified titles.
Trader Media Group is jointly owned by Guardian Media Group and Apax Partners.
This role is based in Newton-le-Willows, nr Manchester, Warrington, Liverpool and Wigan.
Planetrecruit.com - 9 months ago