SRG are currently working with a large FMCG / Chemical based in South Wales who are looking for an Engineering Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The company are internationally known in the industry and have regular large scale projects that need close and careful management. Projects range from small upgrades and installations to large new product and new equipment installations and process improvements, all being managed by this role from concept to completion. This position will report directly into the Site Manager, with no direct reports but liaising with many employees on the site. There are approximately 200 people working on the site producing product in bulk.
The main responsibilities will be as follows:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Manage & execute all capital projects for the business in collaboration with site management teams
- Carry out scoping study trade off evaluations of project and process alternatives
- Prepare the feasibility level capital and operating costs for new technologies in the industry
- Develop projects from outline to detailed design and deliver projects on time and on budget
- Manage all project and process engineering phases from design through to procurement, installation and commissioning
- Identify new opportunities for return on capital investment projects
- Liaise with contractors, vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world renowned company who are internationally known for high quality reliable products. The projects will be exciting and challenging, using state of the art modern techniques and equipment. There is also brilliant career progression available with this role, with the company planning on moving this position up to Site Manager within 5 years, so man management experience is essential.
- A degree or equivalent in related field, ideally chemical or process engineering (other backgrounds will be considered however with the right experience)
- Successful project management background managing complex projects in value from £1M - £4M
- Experience in either a chemical, pharmaceutical or food manufacturing environment
- Health and Safety awareness and working knowledge of CDM, ATEX, HAZOP and AutoCAD, civil engineering and building controls
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers, communicate with peers and plant employees and manage contractors
The basic salary for this role will be up to £70k plus benefits.
For any questions please call Charles Morley on 01618682204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carlisle Staffing plc, trading as SRG is an Employment Business/Agency.
SRG, winners of the Recruitment Professional Awards 2011 'Best Company to work for' and Best People Development Business awards, and the only "highly commended" company in the Annual Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2011, for Best Small Recruitment Agency to Work For.
Jobsite UK - 9 months ago