Shift Pattern: This is a management position and whilst you will be working mainly dayshift from Monday to Friday, you will be required to work the hours necessary to do the job and this might include some weekend and bank holiday work.
Benefits: Car, PMI, profit share and staff discount
London, N1 9AP
Greggs, the home of fresh baking, is the leading bakery retailer in the UK. Expert bakers for the last 70 years, and serving delicious, freshly baked, quality food at great value prices to a million customers each day, in over 1,600 shops around the UK.
In London, that is within the M25, we operate over 200 shops, employing over 2000 people.
Reporting to the Retail People Manager and working closely with the London Retail Team you will ensure the People Plan is implemented effectively in order to support the growth of the business.
Key responsibilities :
• Advising and coaching line managers in people management activities, whilst ensuring the effective implementation of people policies and procedures by providing professional expertise and support
• Offering coaching and support to Area and Shop Management teams to enable an effective understanding of their role and responsibilities in the areas of people policies and procedures
• Supporting regional teams to ensure an effective and consistent approach to people management in relation to disciplinary, grievance and employee engagement.
• Providing support and assistance to Learning and Development to ensure PDR (Appraisal) and succession planning processes are effectively implemented.
• Providing support and assistance to recruitment and performance management activities
• Demonstrating enthusiasm, promoting a culture of leadership and encouraging teams in line with Greggs' Values
We’re looking for someone who is CIPD qualified (or equivalent), or working towards this qualification, with excellent communication, influencing and planning and organisational skills. It’s important that you are a self-starter and self-motivated with experienced of providing HR/Personnel advice and support on employment law and employee relations issues within a multi-site, field-based, ideally retail operation. You should also have good numeracy and literacy skills and be fully conversant with all Microsoft packages, particularly: Word, Excel and Outlook.
Greggs - 18 months ago