Department / Business Area:
Thomas Cook Sport
£20,000 - £23,000
Overview of Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Under the direction of the Operations Supervisor to arrange the domestic and overseas operations for various events. Sourcing and securing travel and accommodation, ensuring all specific requirements can be fulfilled and providing an aftercare service to ensure all requirements were met.
- Assist with the design and timely production of any branded point of sale and customer documentation requirements for our operations.
- Effectively communicate the details of all services and prices agreed between suppliers and accounts.
- Undertake basic commercial negotiations with suppliers and customers.
- To update and maintain the commercial login systems for all operations.
- To ensure all invoices from suppliers are correct and paid within agreed timescales, claiming any commissions due from our suppliers in conjunction with the Finance team.
- Accurately invoice clients and monitor statements in conjunction with the finance team to ensure all outstanding balances are received.
- Assist the Operations Supervisor to accurately report all financials and project future earnings in conjunction with finance team.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met and official paperwork in place for our operations, to eliminate any risk to our customers and Thomas Cook Sport.
- Ensure contracts, service level agreements and terms and conditions are in place and agreed to by our customers, reflecting our agreement with suppliers where necessary, to eliminate any risk to Thomas Cook Sport.
- Ensure adequate booking conditions are in place for our customers for each operation and that these are in line with the business. Liaising with Thomas Cook legal services for assistance.
- Create and effectively communicate any relevant customer information required for our overseas operations.
- Effectively communicate operational information to the team and wider business where necessary.
- Effectively communicate the details of all operations to the Operations Supervisor and other key contacts to ensure all relevant individuals are aware of any operational issues.
- Carry out supplier research, obtaining key contacts and building new relationships with relevant suppliers such as airlines, aircraft brokers, hotel chains, coach companies, rail networks, ground handlers etc. to enable the team to negotiate preferential rates.
- Regularly review suppliers, carrying out supplier investigations and suggesting change to improve our service and delivery where identified, using all media (web, press, phone etc.)
- Regularly review competitors, obtaining details of the services they offer, recording specific information for future use and communicating analysis to the team, using all media (web, press and phone).
- Assist with the research of new markets for potential growth and expansion of our event offerings. Gathering relevant data/information to contribute ideas for the formulation of presentations to new accounts.
- Assist the product team to create packages and pricing growth of new products.
- Assist the product team with any branding, sales and marketing requirements.
- Assist with any ad hoc operations, such as overseas conferences/events, arranging and delivering such operations.
- Represent Thomas Cook Sport and in some instances host as hoc sports functions or overseas trips. Some travel in the UK and overseas may be required.
- Carry out reasonable assigned project or duty as required, in order to achieve the objectives of the job - or as suitably delegated by the Operations Supervisor.
- Communicate with all levels of both internal and external customers, keeping the team up to date with all relevant issues, ensuring customer care at all time
- Confident and articulate communication with customers to ensure clarity of message
- Ensure the company PROUD" core values are incorporated into the key outputs of the role, and demonstrated to both internal and external customers
- Negotiate with, listen to and understand the customer to ensure a "win - win" outcome to the benefit both parties
- Work as part of a team whilst contributing original and innovative ideas
- Take responsibility for all decisions in the interest of the brand values while demonstrating initiative and knowledge to produce a positive outcome for the business
- Effectively manage own workload within given guidelines
- Develop a successful relationship with nominated accounts to increase the amount of business obtained, increasing profitability and sales
- Develop relationships and identify opportunities with existing customers that will improve awareness and increase generation of incremental revenue
- Actively look for new opportunities predominantly within designated accounts
- Play an important part in the development of Thomas Cook Sport ensuring that specific analytical data is supplied accurately and efficiently when required
- Challenge, drive and influence operational and commercial decisions relating to the future development of current and new accounts
- Use existing knowledge and experience to identify changes to current systems and procedures to enhance the outputs of the operations function
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with a high standard of English Language and Maths
Galileo is desirable.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Fully conversant with the Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel
- Effectively prioritise and manage work load
- Strong analytical abilities, presentation skills, negotiation skills and well organised and methodical
08 Feb 2011 18:59:00
Thomas Cook Group - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard
We operate excursions in many destinations to see dolphins - some wild and some in captivity. Demand for these trips comes from customers,...