Job reference: GLABOX
Location: King's Theatre & Theatre Royal, Glasgow
Main Purpose :
- Closing date: 22 February 2013
- Contract term: Casual (primarily involving weekend and evening work).
To provide a high level of service to over the counter customers and to maximise sales and audience attendance through effective customer care. To pro-actively sell tickets and memberships to the public and contribute ideas and practical assistance to fulfill Marketing strategies.
Key Tasks :
Please note the closing time for applications is 12noon on Friday, 22nd February 2013
- To provide accurate product/venue knowledge to all customers in order to satisfy customer needs and maximise sales.
- To administer all payments accurately in order to maximise sales and minimise loss.
- To be responsible for cashing up personal sales at end of shift and to assist with end of day cashing up in order to balance sales against monies.
- To make computer bookings for seats ensuring satisfied customers, both in person and over the phone.
- To assist the Marketing Department in updating and ‘cleaning’ data on the ENTA customer database, supporting the administration of the Friends scheme and any other marketing related duties as agreed, particularly providing support on campaign related issues.
- To keep the office tidy and presentable and report any equipment problems to the Senior Sales Supervisor.
- To read all sources of available Marketing information to provide accurate production knowledge to customers.
- To conduct telesales as required to meet business objectives.
- To print and post tickets to customers to meet customer requirements.
- To assist with the day to day running of the Group Sales operation as required and to have a thorough working knowledge of this area of the business.
- To attend training courses as required in order to further self development.
- To adhere to all Health & Safety Procedures to minimise the risk of injury and accidents.
- To comply with all legal requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- To complete any other delegated duty that assists the company achieve its business objectives.
Application forms and vacancy information
Please save the documents listed below to your computer. You can do this by clicking the links and following the instructions given by your operating system; usually, this will involve selecting the option to save the file to your desktop. You should read all the documents carefully. Use information provided in the Job description and Person specification to help you complete your application.
We would really appreciate you taking the time to complete and return the Equal Opportunities Form along with your application. This will allow us to monitor effectively and ensure we are reaching an appropriately diverse audience.
- Application form PDF
- Application form WORD
How to apply
There are two ways to apply for a job at Ambassador Theatre Group. In all instances please send your completed application form and equal opportunities form , so it reaches Ambassador Theatre Group by 22 February 2013 , quoting the job reference - GLABOX , to:
- Email: Attach your completed application and equal opportunities form to an email and send to
quoting the job reference ( GLABOX ) in the subject line
- By post: Claire Stewart, Administrator (Operations), Theatre Royal, 282 Hope Street, Glasgow G2 3QA
Ambassador Theatre Group - 14 months ago