Our Learning Platforms team specialise in Moodle and Totara LMS as well as other open source tools which help support learning – such as Drupal, Mahara and Joomla.
You’ll be working directly with clients to guide them through the implementation of their LMS project. Typical tasks involve demonstrating and explaining features to clients (via webinars or face to face meetings), gathering and analysing client requirements, configuring the LMS accordingly, creating Functional Specifications for custom functionality and working with our art directors and front end developers to theme the LMS in line with the client’s brand and visual identity.
You will be given full training and you’ll learn all about our products and the implementation process, supported by our experienced project managers, solutions architects and developers to enable you to quickly progress to taking on a lead role on projects.
You’ll be working in a fast paced environment, where you’ll need to think on your feet and use your initiative. This role is best suited to an enthusiastic and outgoing person, who enjoys working with people, as part of a team and has an eye for detail. There are plenty of career opportunities and professional development options within City & Guilds Kineo for ambitious people.
- Adopt a leading role on Totara LMS implementations. This will include; requirements workshops, carrying out demonstrations and webinars, documenting client requirements and managing day-to-day communications.
- Ensure that clients’ are well briefed on product and configuration options, City & Guilds Kineo project processes and that their expectations are well managed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Create detailed and accurate documentation.
- Identify any features which will involve customisations and collaborate with the developers and solutions architects to create functional specifications detailing the scope of the work, including user journeys and UML.
What skills do you need?
- Work closely with project managers and members of the support team to ensure client relationships are well managed.
- Degree relating to ICT/Computer Science or Business (other disciplines may be considered)
- Good understanding of web applications and basic web technologies
- Resourceful, with the ability to learn new things quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills and written communication
- Ability to multi task and take initiative
- Attention to detail
- A good team player.
City & Guilds - 6 months ago
City & Guilds (www.cityandguilds.com) is the UK's leading vocational education organisation. Approximately 2 million people are...