The Central Support Team is responsible for providing systems support to a number of local authority revenues and benefits contracts. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to provide support for the Academy and Northgate Revenues and Benefits systems.
The responsibilities for this role include:
• Fault investigation, resolution and reporting
• Liaison with third-party software suppliers and users
• Testing and evaluation of system upgrades and new software releases
• Implementation of change requests, raising with application support and monitoring where necessary
• Support of the document printing process including the creation of documents, maintenance of existing documents and resolution of printing related issues.
• Extracting information from databases via sql and presenting this in a usable format.
• Full involvement with Annual Billing and Year End processes including testing and live processing.
• Consultancy to external and internal Clients as and when required.
• Experience within a Council Tax, NNDR and/or Benefits control team.
• Working Knowledge of the Academy and/or Northgate Applications
• Understanding of Housing and Council Tax Benefit Legislation
• Understanding of Council Tax and/or NNDR legislation
• Experience of data cleansing / correction
• Knowledge of Annual billing and end of year processing
• Strong MS Office skills, especially MS Excel to an advanced level
• Knowledge of relational databases (RDBMS) preferred
• Database query language, especially SQL
• General Unix or Oracle knowledge
• Subsidy / Govt Returns
• System Conversion Project
• Strong team-working ethic
• Enthusiastic, friendly and confident
• Able to use own initiative and is self motivated
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to present information and reports in a clear and precise manner
• Methodical approach to work and attention to detail to produce work of a high standard
• Able to work with a high level of accuracy and thoroughness
• Ability to plan and prioritise tasks, solve problems and work to tight targets and timescales
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Capable of working effectively under pressure
• Experience of working within a customer focussed environment
• Ability to work flexible hours when required e.g. evenings/ overnight/weekends
• Able and willing to travel when required.
Capita Plc - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -