PwCs Consulting practice is focused on improving the business and financial performance of our clients. Our Technology practice supports the implementation of Back office and Business Transformation projects that create efficiencies, improve controls, provide insight and strengthen the overall competitive position of our clients. We help our clients in driving value from technologies such as SAP and clients rely on our expertise to help them position, change, manage and source their technology services.
Transformation projects require the application of Finance, Process and Technology skills, combined with the ability to provide high-end consultancy services.
The requirement is for a candidate with project experience; gained with Big 4, major SI/IT service provider or equivalent industry experience.
About the role
The role is focused on project delivery for engagements with an SAP Finance component. Acting as a client side advisor or business integrator, the role supports clients during all stages of an SAP implementation or review, including re-implementations, upgrades and system landscape simplifications. These are typically embedded in business change programmes and the role required process knowledge of operational Finance and reporting. Part of the role is to support clients in the design of future processes and systems, combining the expertise from both areas. The role sits within the Enterprise Applications competency, a sub-competency of PwCs Technology practice.
Based on the client's requirements the candidates will provide functional SAP expertise to discuss and design potential solutions, or quality assure and recommend changes to designs provided by other parties. Typically they will assist the project manager in scoping and planning the project tasks relevant to the specific functional area.
For Consultant and Senior Consultant grades, the role requires that the candidates can lead relevant workstreams and projects centred on Finance and reporting. Therefore good client handling skills are paramount.
The candidates will be expected to build-up a solid internal knowledge-based network and to contribute actively to the development of the SAP practice.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing practice with an extensive client base.
Opportunity for working from home? limited
Amount of time client based 80%
Opportunity for job sharing? No
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home - yes, project dependent
Opportunity for flexible working (hours) yes
Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
The following skills are required for this role:
· At least 1 full lifecycle of recent SAP implementation
· Configuration and design knowledge of FI/CO, ideally ECC6
· Working knowledge of Finance back-office processes: P2P, R2R, O2C; understanding of IT enablement of best practice process design
· Accounting knowledge: either qualification or part-qualification with a recognised accounting body or equivalent project based experience
· Working knowledge of SAP cycle and ASAP methodology
· Knowledge of Finance Shared Services, EPM or BO strongly desirable
In addition, the following consulting skills are essential
· Ability to advise and interact with all levels of client management and staff;
· Excellent business analysis and design skills;
· Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills;
· Ability to support the selling of IT consulting work;
· Proven ability to operate within complex projects and diverse teams
PwC - 19 months ago
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value...