Rolls-Royce is a global business providing power systems for use on land, at sea and in the air. The Group has a balanced business portfolio with leading positions in the civil and defence aerospace, marine and energy markets. We invest in technology and capabilities that can be applied to products and services in each of the global markets we serve.
The Test Facilities Engineering function sits within the Test and Measurement Engineering Global Function and is responsible for the technical delivery of Engine and Rig Test Facilities and Special to Project Test Equipment. The portfolio of the capability it provides enables the testing of engine products at system, sub system, module and component level and collects and validates data to pass back to the engineering teams to support verification of the product design. The scope of delivery covers the requirements for development, production and AR&O test facilities and associated test equipment both in the UK and overseas including joint venture and 3
party test establishments.
The large portfolio of test facility capability projects includes complex multi-million pound Civil Large Engine and Rig test facilities and special test equipment for key certification requirements such Fan Blade Off, Bird Ingestion and Icing.
In this exciting and challenging Senior Engineer role you will primarily be leading large technically complex test capability projects. The role is technically broad and requires significant interface with a multitude of engineering disciplines across the organisation and the external supply chain.
The secondary requirement and also a key part of the role is to act as deputy to the Chief of Test Facilities Engineering to enable execution of their Global Chief commitments. This will include day to day management of a team of 35 Engineers with a close interface into the Civil Head of Test and Measurement.
In this role you will:
Qualifications and experience
- Report to the Chief of Test Facilities Engineering
- Deputise for the Chief of Test Facilities Engineering as required
- Act as the technical lead for projects under your control
- Establish and document customer requirements and project scope
- Specify test facility capability requirements
- Oversee the delivery of system design solutions
- Define project acceptance and commissioning criteria
- Deliver robust solutions through the effective application of engineering tools and processes.
- Promote the application of systems engineering and structured verification disciplines
- Manage the supply chain technical interface and assess supply chain competency
- Approve technical project deliverables
- Promote standardisation and the use of lessons learnt and best practice
- Deliver Engineering project milestones to plan through defined stage gates
- Manage the deployment, direction and co-ordination of technical resources assigned
- Manage compliance to safety and quality standards and legislation
- Assess and manage technical risk
- Maintain effective communication and manage key stakeholder relationships
- Develop strong relationships across multiple functions, partners and suppliers.
- Coach and mentor engineering staff
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline and be a Chartered Engineer. In addition they will have a demonstrable experience of technically leading and delivering complex capability projects coupled with the ability to successfully lead and motivate teams. Having knowledge of engine and rig test facilities, associated equipment and experience of test bed operations would be an advantage. Being comfortable working at a fast pace within a constantly changing environment is essential.
The successful candidate will be based in Derby but will be expected to have a flexible approach towards UK and overseas travel to support business requirements.
- Managing stakeholders
- Systems Engineering
- Determining and managing requirements
- Analysing the required functionality
- Validating requirements and assumptions
- Selecting preferred solution
- Managing risk
- Technical problem solving
- Managing internal and external Interfaces
- Controlling change and managing configuration
- Managing Engineering processes and knowledge
- Communicating technical information
- Project Management
In return, we offer excellent development prospects, coupled with the salary and benefits you would expect of an internationally renowned and successful organisation.
We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Due to the Coalition Government's interim immigration limits Rolls-Royce Plc's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
In the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Rolls-Royce are an equal opportunities employer.
Rolls-Royce - 10 months ago
Rolls-Royce Group plc (LSE: RR.) is a British multinational power systems company headquartered in the City of Westminster, London, United K...