Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45k - £49999 pa
Start Date: ASAP
Join Santander and youll become a vital part of a business built on the outstanding service provided to our customers, as well as the award-winning products we offer. Were one of the fastest growing banks in the UK and that is down to our people. And we recognise that as we help you develop your career youll be doing the same for our business.
We are currently looking to recruit a Risk Officer to join Santander Asset Management UK Risk & Control team in Glasgow.
This is an excellent opportunity for a risk management professional with Financial Services experience to join a growing and successful bank. You will be implementing and supporting development of the risk framework in the context of pension fund assets and institutional mandates. Further to that you will be providing a comprehensive assessment of aggregate and specific risks within relevant funds / portfolios and providing support for the Risk & Control function in its day-to-day activities
The Santander Group has more than 150 years experience in global banking and more branches worldwide than any other international bank. We are well on the way to repeating this success in the UK, having been named Best UK Bank by Euromoney for the third year running and Best UK Bank by The Banker for the second successive year in 2010.
Santander Asset Management UK
Santander AM UK was set up in 2007, taking control of the asset management companies that Abbey National owned. Since then it has become one of the fastest growing asset management companies in the UK and now looks after close to £20 billion of customers assets. Santander AM UK has been winner of the Gold Standard Award in Fund Management during 2009, 2010 and 2011 as well as Winner of Investment Week Fund Manager of the Year Award in 2011 in the Fund of Funds category.
As a Risk Officer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
As a Risk Officer, responsibilities will ideally include:
- A solid understanding of the regulatory environment
- Extensive overall experience within investment management with particular focus on and experience of the practical aspects of risk management including management of liability risks
- Solid experience of Risk Management i.e. Market Risk or Credit Risk
- Sound knowledge of UK pension funds
- Broad knowledge of a range of different asset classes and their potential uses within asset allocation for pension funds
- Excellent presentation (oral and written), analytical and decision making skills
- Supporting the Head of Market Risk, Credit Risk & Performance in developing and maintaining the risk framework
- Initiating, leading & managing risk and control input to projects either within the context of a specific business area, or company wide projects
- Providing specialist risk and control input into business projects to ensure risks and controls are appropriately identified and managed
- Implementing and maintaining monitoring procedures to ensure that funds under management comply with regulations and legal agreements
- To identify risks associated with current and proposed investment strategies and regulatory and accounting issues pertaining to the pension scheme mandates
- Provide analysis, interpretation and advice to senior management regarding Group Risks analysis of risk (including risk to liabilities) in the Santander UK pension schemes
- Reviewing and challenging existing controls
- Ensuring remedial action is taken to ensure strategies and solutions remain relevant and effective
Jobs Today - 21 months ago