We are currently recruiting for a number of Mobile Cook Supervisors based in Brighton and Hove to organise and supervise the catering establishment in accordance with and to the standard required by Eden and Statutory Regulations. To be responsible for the preparation, cooking and service of food. To ensure that efficient and economic use is made of all resources. You will be required to work Term Time only Monday to Friday 8.00am start for 27.5 hours per week (some 30 hour per week positions available)
The key elements of the role are:
- Organise and supervise the catering establishment in accordance with and to the standard required by Eden and Statutory Regulations.
- Be responsible for the preparation, cooking and service of food.
- Ensure that efficient and economic use is made of all resources.
- Plan, operate and control the production and service of food related duties.
- Adhere to company and legislative nutritional standards.
- Day to day site communication.
- Take responsibility for the standard of cleanliness and hygiene of premises and equipment in line with the Food Safety Act and company policy.
- Order all food and other commodities required from designated suppliers.
- Operate and control stocks, stock records and ensure correct completion and submission of all appropriate returns and records to the target dates identified.
- Assess and adjust or in conjunction with the Business Support Manager, assess and adjust levels of staffing and to participate where required in the selection, appointment and termination of employment of catering staff.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed in the handling of cash where appropriate.
- Control and assist with any other catering functions.
- Operate in line with company/contract budget and completion of company bookwork.
- Maintain Eden’s standards of kitchen and personal hygiene and health and safety and operate to the standard required by the Statutory Health and Safety and Hygiene Regulations. This will include the induction and training of staff.
- There may be a requirement to transfer to another catering contract unit within a reasonable geographical distance.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of the catering establishment. This may include cash collection and banking, if required.
- Attendance of meetings as required.
- Attend on and off job training sessions as required/ Cluster meetings.
The successful candidate will have:
- Held a previous supervisory position within the catering industry
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Appropriate level of numeric, literate and communication skills to perform the duties required of the post
- All Posts are subject to a DBS check according to contract
- Must have full clean UK Driving Licence and own vehicle
You are advised to apply early as in the event we receive more applications than expected we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date for the advertisement
Jobcentre Plus Universal Jobmatch
- 9 months ago - save job