Job Category: Human Resources
Location: London, GB
Job ID: 818782-98596
Division: Human Resources
Are you a talented, experienced Staffing Leader ready to collaborate and shape the future of Skype by identifying, attracting and hiring the very best talent? Do you excel at developing recruiting strategies in partnership with key business and staffing partners, with particular focus on building new organizations quickly. Do you have solid success in complex recruiting environments and thrive on both high volume technical hiring as well as filling senior job positions utilizing various candidate generation resources? If so, this is your chance to significantly impact the future of Skype.
Do you live, sleep and breathe technology? Love working day to day with Engineers of all levels? Do you have followership?
Can you show how it’s done from developing a killer work force plan to working with Vice President level engineers and use data, your experience and ideas to influence?
Key deliverables include constructing a workforce plan, developing a candidate generation strategy optimized for each geography, partnering with Staffing Progammes and Sourcing Teams to driving innovative recruiting initiatives, collaborating strategically with the Talent Sourcing team, HR partners and ensuring effective implementation and results.
As a key member of the Skype HR organization, this Staffing Manager role has the lead responsibility to define and execute the talent acquisition agenda for some of the most unique and impactful businesses within the Skype organization.
This role is responsible for the following core Accountabilities:
- Partner with Staffing Director and Business Leaders to define the talent acquisition strategy as a critical component of our overall People Agenda
- Lead, develop and grow a great distributed team of Recruiters, demonstrating excellent people management skills and leadership behaviors and strong collaboration with staffing leadership team across Skype and Microsoft.
- Based on understanding of business strategy, anticipate future talent needs and direct talent sourcing and talent intelligence actions;
- Owner and lead for all Skype’s Engineering and Operations Graduate programmes.
What we can give you:
- BA/BS degree in business, human resources or a related discipline or equivalent experience. CS degree highly preferred. Bonus points if you can code.
- Experience of managing teams across different geographies with differing years of related recruiting experience:
- Deep understanding of talent acquisition and its relationship to talent management, as well as a solid understanding of the competitive landscape in Product development.
- Effective strategic thinking, problem solving, cross group collaboration and oral/written communication skills
- Active cultivation and participation in a positive, teamwork environment
- Ability to deliver results with little supervision in an often ambiguous environment with a virtual team of recruiters and to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to be productive and manage people in a distributed work environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to meet standard measurements of success for Staffing such as: attainment against annual hiring plans and diversity goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
We recognise that everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits—to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it. In exchange for a job well done, we reward you well, invest in your health and financial future, and—because you are more than your job—make sure you have time to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Even our products and technologies help you balance work with your life away from work by making it easier to work remotely and manage your schedule. We understand that you’ll enjoy work more and do a better job if you also have a full, rewarding life.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity
World’s Best International Workplaces Award Winner 2011
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.mspx
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...