We are an international media distribution/production and facilities house based in Brighton. We are looking to recruit a proactive member of staff to join our finance team - this role is part time (2.5-3 days a week). We are looking for someone who can ideally start immediately.
Reporting to the CEO you will provide accurate financial data as and when required, ensure that financial systems and internal controls are in place and communicated clearly to the wider organisation. The ideal candidate will have considerable previous experience in a senior financial role with management reporting & budgeting experience. We are looking to recruit someone to ensure the Company’s finance function is organised and efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts.
Role of the Finance Department:
The role of the Finance Department is to provide a complete finance service across all 3 companies, addressing all issues of a finance nature and providing all relevant information to meet external demands. These services may include, but are not limited to, any of the following: reporting and control, income management, financial reporting to external bodies, annual accounts preparation, debt management and payroll services.
· Management of the finance function.
· Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows.
· Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes.
· Preparation of monthly consolidated P&L and balance sheet.
· Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports.
· Financial modelling and analysis
· Cash management
· Overseeing the payroll process.
· Preparation of VAT returns.
· Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
· To investigate and answer routine queries arising from Management and other Finance staff as well as external bodies including the Inland Revenue and communicate appropriately.
· Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) with previous financial control and management reporting experience.
· Ability to work under pressure to meet targets and deadlines. Self motivated and enthusiastic.
· Commercial Experience with understanding of sales targets and sales incentive schemes.
· Excellent analytical ability.
· Confident self starter with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
· understanding of accounting software including Sage Line 50.
· Computer literate with good Excel skills and a solid
· Able to respond effectively to changing priorities.
· Previous experience in a similar role in an owner managed business.