Mercer is a leading global provider of consulting, outsourcing and investment services, with more than 25,000 clients worldwide. Mercer’s global network of 17,000 employees, based in more than 40 countries, ensures integrated, worldwide solutions. Today, Mercer in the UK has over 3,000 staff at 26 offices in 17 locations, serving around 3,000 clients.
This is an opportunity for a candidate to work within a four-strong UK and European press office within a global outsourcing, investment and consultancy firm based in the City of London.
Activities will include:
- Responding to inbound press queries.
- Drafting of press announcements and management of forward features programme.
- Content management of all press content on Mercer’s web, intranet, social media sites and internal marketing sites.
- Communication of press coverage to internal stakeholders and management of cuttings agency.
- Production of regular, internal monthly, quarterly and annual press reports.
- Management of press team’s global intranet site.
- Co-ordination of the company’s responses to press surveys.
- Arranging press networking events and co-ordinating the media training programme.
- Managing Mercer’s conference programme.
- Supporting team members with media relations campaigns for various lines of business within Mercer.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Strong organisational skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Enthusiasm and willing and helpful disposition.
- Flexibility – able to juggle priorities and meet deadlines.
- Mature approach with pleasant and confident telephone manner, and ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good academic background (2.1 degree or equivalent).
- Interest in and ability to deal in complex financial and legislation-based workplace issues.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Web-writing, Excel and database skills an advantage.
- Microsoft Office experience – Outlook, Word & Excel.
PR Week Jobs - 3 years ago