£6.23 per hour
- Various Shifts & Hours (Part Time) - 129-133 High Road Ilford
Close date: 1st March 2013
Please note the following before applying:
The role of the Retail Operative in our stores is to assist in the overall running of a department with in the store and to provide and efficient sales service to customers in line with company policy.
- Applicants must live within commutable travelling distance from the store.
- We operate a 5/7 contract therefore all operatives will be expected to work across both weekday and weekends and possibly late night on Wednesday.
- Positions are part time only, please do not apply if you are looking for full time hours.
The role has a number of Key Responsibilities and they are:
Sales and Commercial Focus
- Perform all register functions in line with company policy
- Maintain stock levels in order to maximise sales
- Promote specific lines under the guidance of management
- Use available information to assist in laying out the department in relation to sales
- Ensure understanding of Primark`s Corporate Social Responsibility policy
- Assist in unpacking and checking off of new deliveries.
- Draw stock from and return stock to the stock-room as required
- Replenish stock to ensure maximum fill levels in your department
- Inform management and supervisors of potential stock shortages
- Use information available to assist in laying out the department in relation to sales.
- Ensure that all stock is correctly priced and that pricing procedures are carried out in line with company policy
- Re-organise merchandise as directed by Department Manager/ Supervisor
- Promote specific lines under the guidance of Management
- Maintain department presentation in line with company guidelines
- Maintain standards throughout the day and complete recovery daily
- Operate fitting room procedures in line with company policy
- Ensure pricing and ticketing procedures are carried out in line with company policy
- Carry out stock take procedures in line with company policy
Environment, Health & Safety
- Demonstrate good customer service at all times
- In the event of a customer complaint or query react in a professional and courteous manner, elevating the issue to senior management where necessary
- Be alert to any potential hazards within your department
- Position equipment so as to ensure the safety of all staff and customers
- Be aware of fire and emergency evacuation procedures
- Follow company procedures for staff and customer accidents
To be considered for the role you will need to have relevant experience. You will require:
- Follow appropriate company policies regarding customer or staff theft
- Comply with company procedures on staff searches
We would like you to apply for this position - please click on the relevant vacancy to find out more information and apply.
- Strong communication skills and use of English language
- 2 years work experience ideally within retail environment
- Previous experience of working in busy environment as part of a team
- Qualified to GCSE level (or equivalent)
Primark, or Penneys in the Republic of Ireland, is the UK's second-largest clothing retailer with over 200 stores spread across...