Job Title: Accountant
The Accounting Manager (AM) is responsible for the maintenance of the accounts ledgers, preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and assisting the FD on ad-hoc projects. This will include, though not limited to, maintaining and reviewing the purchase ledger, sales ledger cash book, cash flow and credit control
The AM will prepare Management Accounts on a monthly basis for review by the FD. These will include local accounts, the Global Financial Reporting Package (GFRP) and the sales report. The role will also involve preparing other reports including the consolidation package quarterly.
The role will include responsibility for reviewing and filing VAT and tax returns, including UK and German VAT returns, reviewing Personal tax (P11D, PSA), Corporation Tax returns and statutory forms including Annual Returns and CT61 forms.
They will be responsible for a small finance team overseeing and supervising their work on a daily basis and their continuing personal and professional development within the organisation. This will include assisting with any queries and reviewing their work.
The AM will also provide financial advice and support to their colleagues to enable them to make sound business decisions by providing and interpreting financial information.
The AM may be asked to assist in projects which arise from time to time, including the preparation of reports to the parent company, and other projects which may arise.
1. Accounting Systems and Records
* Review postings by FA to various ledgers, by reviewing the sales, purchase, bank and nominal ledgers (Postings in the absence of FA).
* Helping the FA to understand and correct any mistakes made.
* Maintain fixed asset register
* Reconcile supplier statements
* Review sales invoices
* Prepare bank reconciliation on weekly basis
* Use e-banking system and write cheques
* Record and reconcile petty cash on a monthly basis
2. Adherence to Statutory Requirements
* Prepare quarterly VAT returns (UK and Germany) and EC sales list returns
* P11D filing, PSA filing
* Assist with audits (annual statutory audit, and any Corporation audits)
3. Management Accounts Preparation
* Prepare monthly management accounts
* This will involve calculating deferred revenues, accruals and prepayments amongst other things
* Investigating variances against budget
* Prepare monthly and quarterly GFRP packs and six monthly consolidation pack.
* Preparation of accounts for audit purposes.
4. Ad-hoc assistance
* Assist FD in any other tasks or projects as required.
* Review payroll periodically along with HR.
5. People Management
* Help develop Financial Administrator
* Act as a liaison with employees for questions on invoices, expenses and other queries.
* Liaise with suppliers for queries on invoices or payments
- 13 months ago - save job