Demob Job Reference: J199
Job Title: Projects Manager
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
Start Date: Immediate
My client is one of the UK's biggest manufacturer and supplier of water treatment plant equipment. They now require a Projects Manager to be based in Alfreton, Derbyshire. You will be required to manage technical and administrative processes relating to the engineering, manufacture, testing and installation of water purification products and systems.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within a similar role.
- To liaise with technical management to develop a range of competitive products across the spectrum of technologies and processes embedded within the Company's business profile and marketing strategy.
- To ensure that product designs comply with company standards in respect of modular/standard product design criteria.
- To monitor and improve the technical standards achieved through the use of high quality components, materials and workmanship.
- Ensure that adequate records are maintained relating to production and quality control.
- Ensure that adequate information is received via the Sales Handover Pack from Proposals to enable Projects to produce engineering design and production documentation for approval at the Production Commitment Review.
- To ensure that labour resource (AutoCAD and factory personnel) is utilised in a cost effective manner and that adequate controls regarding overtime and use of materials, tools, vehicles etc. are in place and operational.
- To ensure that the factory area is maintained in a safe and tidy condition at all times.
- Liaise with the Stores Controller to ensure that parts required are available in accordance with project timetables.
- To ensure that project timetables are adhered to and that costs are maintained within project specific budgets.
- To ensure that standard costs are available to commercial personnel for all products and components utilised by the Company in the course of its day to day operations.
- Liaise with the Stores Controller to reduce the number of supplier partners in order to maximise commercial advantages relating to discounts, payment terms and availability.
- To work within policy guidelines to achieve, or improve target margins without deviation from project/product design criteria.
- Monitor and investigate activities which incur non-recoverable cost.
- Ensure that site visit reports are completed by factory personnel for each job carried out on site and that these are submitted no later than one working day following completion of the job.
- Ensure that project margin analysis reports are issued in accordance with the project schedule.
- To ensure that management reports are produced in line with the management information report schedule.
- Monitor the training needs of personnel and to implement such training as is required to meet the needs of customers and the companies business processes.
- Develop members of staff so as to maximise their individual career development aspirations.
- The successful candidate must have a strong demonstrable working background within Project Management within a customer facing / manufacturing environment.
- Technical awareness of water purification techniques.
- Commercial management experience.
- Current/competent AutoCAD skills.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and word processing systems.
- IT Literate.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise at all levels.
- £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
- Monday - Friday 9.00am- 5.15pm.
- 23 Days holiday plus 8 stats.
JustEngineers.net - 9 months ago