The Story so far…
ASOS burst on to the scene in 2000 and hasn’t looked back. We are the UK’s number one fashion and beauty destination, and as a recent survey showed, we are the second most visited fashion website on the planet. We ship to over 190 countries and also have specific sites targeting the USA, French and German, Italian and Australian markets. With much excitement we opened our office in Sydney in January 2012 and New York in September 2012, France and Germany following soon after. This is all part of our strategy, which we call ASOS Future.
Our ambition is to be the world’s no.1 online fashion brand for 20-somethings, having set ourselves a target to reach £1bn annual sales by 2015. Therefore it is really important to us that we continue to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals.
The ASOS Way
We do things a certain way - The ASOS Way. It’s our DNA and runs through every single thing we do here - it defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. Some things change, these don’t.
We are Passionate; we are proud to be a part of ASOS, we always give our best and we celebrate our successes.
We are Customer Obsessed; we know our customers love fashion and we understand what they want, we know our stuff inside and out, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We Restlessly Innovate; we don’t stand still, we give it a go and we’re brave.
We are Collaborative and Respectful; We work together to get the job done, we grow ideas from within, we make things happen and we do the right thing.
People are the future of our business and we have really big ideas. We know we need people who can turn these ideas into reality – it’s our people that make the difference.
The content team sits within the wider marketing team and works closely with international editorial, creative, retail, developers and magazine team. We are a small team of highly experienced on line editors and creatives. Our role is to create daily fashion, news and celebrity content for ASOS that is highly engaging and will meet our 20-something audience’s practical and emotional needs around fashion. We are focused on originality and honesty and committed to understanding our audience, constantly evolving our proposition to be known as pioneers in the editorial industry.
This role will support the Picture Editor and work with the daily content team by spotting the day’s most weird and wonderful pictures, ensuring they have access to the newest stories and very latest celebrity and fashion pictures throughout the day. The picture assistant will work with editors and writers to create daily feature layouts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support Picture Editor by sourcing picture stories for daily editorial meetings (AM and PM)
• Layout and design the daily pictures for features.
• Be aware of usage rights and issues and be up to date with company best practices
• Ensure daily content is on brand and communicates the brand identity as directed by Picture Editor
• Contribute daily feature ideas for HP Daily destination that are highly engaging, unique and shareable.
• Ensure all images are tagged and optimised for search and all platforms/ devices.
• Be aware and passionate about customer insight and weekly data to suggest ways to evolve feature ideas and celebrity coverage.
• Support video editors with image searches
• Support commercial team with picture research when required
• Provide picture support for fashion finder and marketplace when instructed
• Previous experience of working on women’s or fashion title
• Experienced in multi-channel publishing
• Experience working in a daily publishing environment
Some skills you will need
A good eye for spotting the latest celebrity and style stories in image feeds
Plugged into pop culture and obsessive about celebrities, you understand what is relevant to the twenty- something audience
Understands what the reference points are visually for twenty-somethings
Can think creatively to produce original and authentic daily feature ideas based on pictures
Able to use a CMS and optimize images for search engines and multiple platforms/devices
Adept in Photoshop and Indesign TBC
Highly engaged in social media, an early adopter of image based social platforms like pinterest, instagram and tumbler
We really love hearing from you but before applying please ask yourself the following…
• Is this role a good match for the direction I’d like to take my career in? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
• Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
• Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many people apply with spelling mistakes on them.
Index Ventures - 20 months ago