A not-for-profit organisation with 800+ staff based across East and West Sussex is currently recruiting for a Head of People (HR, Payroll and Training) to join their team. To be suitable you will have worked in a similar Head of People / Head of HR / Head of People Services role for a large not-for-profit, publically-funded or community benefit organisation.
This is a new role with responsibility for overseeing the full HR function, including all generalist HR; recruitment and workforce planning; learning and development; payroll, benefits and salary reviews. You must have experience of strategic workforce development and be an expert in employment law and employee relations. Ideally you will be CIPD qualified.
Key responsibilities of this Head of People role include:
This role is offering a salary of £45-50,000 basic, plus benefits including 5 weeks holidays. This role is based in East Sussex, with excellent transport links to Lewes, Brighton, Worthing, Eastbourne and surrounding areas - candidates must have their own transport and be willing to travel to sites within the East Sussex and West Sussex region. Office hours will be Monday-Thursday 9.00am-5.00pm, and Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies, plans, policies and strategic workforce development are in line with long term business plans
- Ensuring legislation and HR policies are aligned to ensure all generalist HR activities are operating effectively
- Overseeing complex employee relations issues, sickness management programmes, TUPE and redundancy processes
- Advising on recruitment, selection and retention strategies - including ensuring Diversity and Equality strategies are in place
- Developing and implementing Learning and Development strategies across the business, including overseeing the development of e-learning technologies, job transfers, trainee schemes, etc.
- Regularly reviewing and advising on remuneration and benefit packages (including pension schemes, salary sacrifice schemes, etc.)
- Working alongside the Finance Manager to ensure an efficient timesheet and payroll system is in place
- Taking responsibility for the monitoring and control of budgets relating to the HR department
- Prepare for internal and external audits by ensuring best practice policies and workflows are in place across the HR team
- Producing regular reports for the executive team
- Managing the HR team of 12 (including an HR Manager, Training Manager and Payroll Team Leader)
To apply for this Head of People role, please apply with your latest CV listing all relevant experience, and including reference ASH12586RH
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.
Monster UK - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard