The Enerprise Services Practice provides professional services for the following mainstream enterprise Retail packages:
We provide end-to-end capabilities for these packages including complete system implementation and application maintenance services which include, but are not limited to:
Requirements Envisioning Workshops/Conference Room Pilots (CRPs)
Retail Business Process Engineering/Modeling/Documentation
Package Evaluation/Gap/Fit Analysis
Technical and Functional Architectural Definition & Review
Retail and Product Consulting
Customization & Enhancements
Application Level Maintenance & Support (AVM)
Retail Best Practices
Training & Knowledge Transfer
Reporting and Business Intelligence
Application Technology Migration
Package Systems, Integration and Regression Testing
In addition to these services, Enterprise Services is also responsible for:
Establishing and maintaining relationships with third-party consultants and companies who support systems integration and AVM activities for these packages.
Establishing and maintaining informal and formal alliances/vendor relationships with Oracle Retail, JDA, Sterling Commerce and Manhattan.
Coordinating with marketing any events, promotions, etc… associated with these vendors.
The development of any additional products/solution accelerators that support the systems integration or AVM of these products.
The focus of the role is predominantly UK but has potential to later expand to cover Europe.
Reporting to the UK BU Head for RTHCG, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To develop, agree and implement the Business Strategy and Plan for the UK ES Practice to meet Revenue and Profitability Targets, ensuring this is aligned with the global ES Business Plans
- To recruit, build, and lead a team of consultants - balancing cost whilst meeting the pipeline of demand
- To personally undertake consulting assignments (billability of 50%). Achieving Practice utilization of 75%. Profitability to be discussed at Interview
- Working closely with the Client Partners/Sales Exec teams to facilitate business development, ES propositions and solutions
- Work in close collaboration with North American and India-based practice leaders for staffing, client development, business management/reporting, and thought leadership to ensure global consistency and execution
- Establish and expand an ecosystem of local relationships and partnerships related to ES Retail packaged software that translates into business opportunities for Cognizant
- Continually evaluate and provide guidance on Retail packages
- Engage with Client CIOs, Program Managers on Solution Approaches
- Ensure the overall quality of the solution
- As appropriate, act as a member of Client's Steering Groups
- Work with recruiting, HR and immigration teams to ensure resource staffing levels
- Responsible for monthly ES Practice updates and forecasts
- Responsible for all resources within the UK Enterprise Services Practice.
- To manage and be responsible for the budgets of the Practice including SG&A, training, T&E. Collaborate with Field Marketing to provide input to the allocation of marketing budget.
- To represent Cognizant to clients, speak at public events like Partner conferences, etc demonstrating Package thought leadership and insight
- Work with Field/Corporate Marketing to publish Cognizant thought leadership material enhancing our brand reputation
- Lengthy, proven experience in retail information systems to include a significant number of years working with Retail Packages which cross the Retail domain including, but not limited to Oracle Retail, Sterling Commerce, Red Prairie/JDA, DemandTec as well as an intimate knowledge of Retail business process and also WMS and POS systems etc and preferably multi-package implementation and support experience.
- Able to establish a complete understanding of the client’s business processes as well as the overall requirements for successful implementation or support of the packaged software.
- Involvement in several end-to-end implementations of a Retail Packages
- Able to understand and negotiate contracts and give business guidance to legal
- Ideally, has led a package practice for a large SI.
- Entrepreneurial and mentoring mind-set and self-reliant
- Has a broad understanding of the functional areas in Retail and of current technological trends
- Has managed Business Development in an onsite role (i.e. presentation, proposals etc.)
- Industry and consulting experience.
- At home with a global delivery model, preferably within a large consulting company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client engagement skills
- Experience delivering enterprise solution implementation and support
- University Degree (Business or Computer Science preferred)
- Masters Degree (MBA preferred)
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 50 delivery centres worldwide and approximately 150,400 employees as of September 30, 2012, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
Engineering / science graduates/MBA with 14+ years of experience
Cognizant - 12 months ago
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation (Cognizant) is a provider of custom information technology (IT) consulting and technology...