Out of Hours Activity Coordinator / OT Assistant
West Sussex-Goddards Green, Hassocks-The Dene
See Job Description for Shift Pattern Information
Hours Per Week
Partnerships in Care is one of the UK's leading provider of independent specialist secure and step-down services for people with mental illness, personality disorders, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and brain injuries. We have 23 hospitals, and close to 4,000 employees and over 28 years experience in our sector.
- To deliver therapeutically led activities on secure and acute wards during the evenings and weekends.
- To take an active role in planning and co-ordinating patient activities through proactive engagement of the patient population and members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Shift Pattern 3 x 18:00 to 21:00 (Monday - Friday) plus 1 x 9:30 - 16:30 on either Saturday or Sunday.
About our benefits:
- On a daily basis monitor programme activity and be proactive in ensuring that meaningful therapeutic activities are offered to patients in a ward setting.
- Liaise with Multi Disciplinary Team on patient activity.
- Provide written reports for ward round and weekly based MDT meetings.
- Provide a bridge between Nursing and Occupational Therapy activity.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure activities are accessible to all.
- Develop patients programme as informed by individual patient need and supervising occupational therapist.
- Ensure that patient need is prioritised against activity offered.
- Liaise with the MDT to enhance staff / client working relationships.
- Participate in Clinical Supervision with OT Supervisor and the organisations system of Appraisal.
- Participate in team building and other staff support measures in order to help the team develop.
- To facilitate / co-facilitate meaningful and focused group work.
- To participate in, and actively support the hospital's quality development programme.
- To be conversant and follow corporate, hospital and local policies and procedures.
- Engage in Continual Professional Development opportunities when available.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 10 days annual leave plus bank holidays pro rated (at commence of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Care First - Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free Car Parking
- Voluntary Benefits
To be successful Activity Coordinator/OT Assistant, you will need:
For further information regarding this role please contact Kate Axford, Lead Occupational Therapist 01444 231000.
- Ability to empathise with patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- De-escalation and diversion skills.
- Patient escorting skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Basic IT skills.
- Six months experience in a caring environment is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of working with people who have mental health problems or learning disability is preferred.
- Experience of engaging others in group activities is desirable.
- YMCA Level II or Lifeguard training would be useful but not essential.
Partnership in Care - 8 months ago