WARNER BROS. Entertainment UK Ltd
Job Title: Human Resources Advisor
Created / Revised: June 2013
Department Name: Corporate Human Resources, UK & Ireland
Reports to: Senior Manager, HR UK & Ireland
Primary Purpose of the Job:
Working closely with the Senior Manager HR, the HR Advisor is responsible for partnering with senior management across our diverse range of businesses, providing advice and support on employee relations, structure, policy development, compliance and giving regular updates on absence figures, attrition levels and general HR issues.
• Develops and maintains a solid understanding of the various businesses to be able to provide commercially-focused guidance to senior managers on all employee relations matters including misconduct, capability and grievances;
• Deputizes for the Senior Manager HR in their absence.
• Delivers coaching and workshops to line managers as required on employee relations matters and other HR initiatives.
• Works closely with the UK Training Manager to ensure line managers enrolment on the appropriate leadership development and employee relations training courses.
• Keeps abreast of legislative and industry trends to ensure HR procedures and policies are created, updated and communicated effectively to all employees.
• Works in conjunction with the Senior Manager HR advising business units on re-structuring initiatives and/or redundancy matters; ensures legislative compliance and industry best practice; prepares the businesses for and leads employee consultation meetings.
• Advising line managers on dealing with persistent short-term absence and long-term sickness cases; As well as analyzing First Assist absence reports and communicating high absence levels/trends to the appropriate line Manager
• Provides guidance and manages the approval process with line managers for all Flexible Working and oversees the coordination and communication of various leave entitlements requests (maternity, paternity, parental and emergency leave) ensuring that requests are responded to in a timely manner and compliant with company policy and statutory requirements. Ensures accurate records are maintained and informs payroll in a timely manner.
• Oversees and conducts exit interviews and prepares quarterly employee turnover analysis highlighting reasons for leaving, trends in turnover and ensuring appropriate and timely feedback is given to the appropriate Division and Line Managers.
• Participates in and takes ownership for a range of HR projects
• Develops and maintains close working relationships with the business leaders, in-house employment lawyers, Burbank based and European HR colleagues to ensure an effective flow of information and sharing of ideas and best practice.
• Track the Visa / Work Permit status of all relevant employees to ensure compliance with UK Immigration; work closely with the in-house employment lawyers to apply for work permits for employees when required.
Education and Work Experience:
• Educated to degree level with part or full CIPD postgraduate qualification;
• HR generalist with demonstrable experience of providing commercially focused guidance on a diverse range of employee relations matters including conducting disciplinary and capability hearings
• Experienced and confident in handling employee grievances – both formal and informal
• Proven experience in advising and handling organizational restructures, ideally with some exposure to TUPE transfers and outsourcing initiatives
Skills and Abilities:
• Able to thrive in a high volume, fast pace, demanding environment
• Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key business stakeholders
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Confident presenter with excellent presentation and training skills
• Computer literate – Confident and experienced in HR databases (Peoplesoft or SAP preferred) and with full working knowledge of Microsoft Office to an intermediate level, particularly Excel.
• Numerical skills and analytical with the ability to analyse data and convert into concise reports;
• Meticulous attention to detail including proofing;
• Ability to take initiative using own discretion and skills and work with limited supervision but contributes effectively to the wider HR team
• Excellent organisational and follow up skills; ability to prioritise and excellent time management essential;
• Professional, Diplomatic, Confident with good social skills to be able deal with all levels of staff in organisations with diverse cultures and experience of HR;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; confident communicating at all levels within the organisation;
• Patient, calm and unflappable nature and flexibility in approach to workload;
• Must be discreet, diplomatic and treat information within the department as highly confidential