At New Look, our mission is to help people look good and feel great. When it comes to people who work for us, we want individuals to express themselves in an environment where change and new ideas are celebrated. This is because we truly believe every person who works here contributes to our future and where we go.
We currently have opportunities for experienced Project Managers at various levels to join our team based at our London Support Centre.
We are looking for Retail project leaders with a proven track record of delivering successful projects in a Retail Operations / Retail Head Office environment.
To organise the tasks and resources to deliver a range of various business / systems change projects to agreed targets as part of an overall programme of change.
- Shape and define the design, development and implementation of business solutions i.e. Store/Range Planning/Supply Chain/Finance
- Define and monitor plans for delivery including task management, resource allocation and financial management
- Provide direction, support and advice to project teams application, project development and delivery teams both internal and external
- Actively manage the Issues and risks of project, and report progress to project sponsor against plan
- Proven ability to engage with key business stakeholders both internally and externally
- Working with people, process and system teams to ensure a project is delivered and the needs of the business are met within agreed timescales and within budget.
- Ensuring that the relevant project is transitioned to ‘into service’ i.e. relevant service support team
- Ensure project deliverables are met in accordance with New Look’s project methodology
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Proven Project Management experience within a Retail environment (essential)
- Demonstrates effective business engagement to Director level
- Highly commercial and customer focused, able to work with the key business stakeholders and manage the non IT activities / deliverables as part of the plan
- 3rd party management i.e. vendor, contracts, consultancy, managed services
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate coordination, issue / risk management, prioritization, progress reporting
- Strong Leadership and mentoring skills
- Self-motivated and clear appreciation of goals for the projects
- Strong communication skills to present and negotiate successfully. Successful track record in managing the full project lifecycle from design through to implementation of business facing systems
- Knowledge of IT deployment techniques within Retail or Head Office environment including all change, release and handover to support activities to complete the project
- Project Management experience ideally qualified (e.g. Prince or Prince2)
- Advanced Excel, Microsoft Projects (MSP) knowledge
- Knowledge of Oracle Methodology Applications (desirable)
New Look - 19 months ago