Corporate Title: Vice President
A Passion to Perform. It’s what drives us. More than a claim, this describes the way we do business. We’re committed to being the best financial services provider in the world, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. As you’ll discover, our culture supports this. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we’re driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile thinking is nurtured. And at every level agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.
Deutsche Bank's Global Commercial Real Estate Group (CRE) is a global business with trading locations based in London, Frankfurt, New York, and Hong Kong and provides financing to public corporations, private equity groups and individuals owning or acquiring commercial real estate assets in all property types within the European, US and Asian markets.
Working in conjunction with Deutsche Bank's other real estate groups, CRE provides competitive single asset and portfolio financing options secured by all assets types, as well as advising and offering creative real estate debt and equity solutions. Currently, the key areas of the business relate to the Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) trading desk and the Special Situation Group (RESSG).
The CRE financial reporting Europe Middle East Africa (EMEA) team within Global Business Services (GBS) is responsible for ensuring integrity of the CRE EMEA books and currently consists of 9 people (5 in London and 4 in Manila).
This role will have overall responsibility for the CRE EMEA GBS team and will work with the Financial Control managers to drive and shape the strategic and tactical streams of control and efficiency initiatives.
As a Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring accuracy of Deutsche Bank CRE EMEA business books and records. This involves extensive liaison with the offshore GBS team, legal entity controlling, bond operations team (DSAS), loan operations, global credit trading, Profit and Loss (P&L) reporting utility teams and structured trades team.
- Substantiation of the balance sheet and driving improvement in the CRE P&L and balance sheet analysis process.
- Ensuring the submission of accurate regulatory information, consistent and reconciled with reported financials.
- Ensuring all cash and position reconciliations are performed accurately and on a timely basis with outstanding items reviewed and escalated as appropriate.
- Manage the Foreign Exchange (FX) exposure management process for the CRE P&L ensuring FX sell-off is done on a timely basis
- Lead re-engineering of processes to reinforce and strengthen the current control environment. The challenge is to drive change in our structure and infrastructure to support the volume and complexity of the business in the most effective, controlled manner, whilst maintaining effective ongoing controls.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and any strategic realignment as determined across the group.
- Day to day management of a team of four people.
To be successful in this role you will have:
You will be:
- Strong product and accounting experience in respect of loans, bonds, interest and credit derivatives.
- A strong control focus; display of history of implementing and improving controls within a large, complex business.
- Numerical and analytical thought process.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and task prioritisation.
- The ability to work well under pressure and also ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A proven track record of successful team management, driving strong performance.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
- A qualified accountant
- Degree standard educated.
- Highly numerate and proficient in the effective representation of information.
- An excellent communicator and have strong issue management skills.
- Experienced in finance and accounting applications.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.