American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Our continued re-invention over the last 160 years has been fuelled by our interest in exploring and building on new technologies. It’s what has enabled us to develop the innovative products, platforms and user experiences that delight our customers worldwide. To drive the next stage in our evolution American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an passionate new team of high-performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
Technical Project Managers that join our Technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting teams team that are developing new virtual internet based payment solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools, and suites of web based applications for cardmember targeted offers that will span over 20 international markets.
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class Cardmember experiences across multiple channels, including iOS devices, Android, web, social integration, java services, and APIs. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Driving integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, developers, and quality assurance
- Working within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
- Managing and tracking team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Assigning development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels
- Maintaining dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third-parties
- Managing and appropriately escalating delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- May perform hands on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
- Ensuring deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented
- Conductingdaily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past
- Identifying opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Challenging the status quo though your intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced Technical Project Manager with:
Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Considerable technical project management experience
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Strong coding experience; Ability to get into the code with team members and drive to solutions- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality
- Experience managing project budgets and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
Additionally the following attributes would be highly advantageous:
Please note that currently the American Express Technology team is based in Brighton whilst our premises in Burgess Hill are refurbished. As the role will ultimately be based in Burgess Hill, all applicants will be required to commit to being based in Burgess Hill for their application to be progressed.
- PMI Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience using Rally agile delivery management platform
- Experience with object-oriented design and coding skills across a variety of platforms (JAVA, HTML5, BLAZE, DB2, XML and Mainframe)
- Experience with web services and Open API development, as well as SOA concepts
- Experience with payments technology and industry.
To complete your application please click on the links below. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or +44 (0)116 2421776.
American Express - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...