American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
American Express require an appropriately qualified technical specialist with in-depth expertise and experience of Mobile NFC, contactless and EMV chip payment technology, and associated standards and products to join an expanding team of technical architects and specialists in chip based payment technology in our Global Advanced Payments Technical centre of excellence.
The individual in this position will be undertake and be responsible for:
1. Detailed technical understanding of Mobile NFC, EMV chip and Contactless payments standards, technology, architecture and products.
- Provision of detailed technical subject matter expertise, consultancy and technical architecture on Mobile NFC, Contactless card and EMV chipcard developments, certifications and deployments.
- Contributions to technical specifications and solution definition for American Express EMV, Contactless card and Mobile Payment products and services.
- Technical contributions to certifications practices and type approval of EMV, Contactless and NFC mobile payments products (handsets, cards, terminals), including for ‘level 1’ communication protocol aspects.
- Rrepresentation of American Express position and interests in external technical forums or working groups at EMVCo and other Industry Standards bodies and contributes to technical proposals and specifications as required.
- Interacts with business partners and third party vendors where appropriate to share and direct architecture practices that may affect business solution delivery.
- Working with third parties as required and monitors and evaluates estimates, proposals and deliverables as applicable.
- Identifies enhancements to product offering and undertake feasibility studies on emerging complementary payment options.
- Reviews estimates for software development and delivery to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Works with Directors of Business and Technical Architecture to ensure application development supports the business and IT strategies. Qualifications
2. Familiarlity with mobile NFC, contactless and other chip based payment products, cards , terminals and transaction processing considerations, including relevant experience of Issuing and Acquiring components desirable.
3. Experience of ISO 7816,ISO 14443, protocols, (analogue and digital) including industry standards and deployment in contact chip (EMV) and contactless (EMV & NFC card and mobile products).
4. Familiarity of certification process, test tools and laboratories for chipcard and terminal type approval according to payment system and indstry standards.
5. Good technical writing skills required and strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
6. Strong technical and architectural background, with an appetite for learning and absorbing new technology and trends, and competancy in developing winning strategies and
7. Technical thought leadership, analytical and problem-solving expertise coupled with good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
8. Good understanding and Business knowledge of the above areas to compliment technical expertise and underlying knowledge of the credit card payments industry and the international card payment schemes.
9. Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects in a sensitive and complex business-technology environment.
10. Ability to adapt communications to appropriate technical level of audience.
11. Flexible and willing to travel internationally occasionally on short notice.
12. Desirable: experience in working with with third party suppliers or vendor partners to build optimal solutions.
13. Ability to drive results, work on own initiative and exhibit strong dedication and focus on customers and client.
14. Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.K. is required for this position.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 44 (0)116 2421776.
Closing Date: 3rd April 2014
American Express - 5 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...