We are looking for a dedicated, self motivated, highly skilled Networking Professional to maintain and improve the network infrastructure for the world's leading person-to-person betting exchange.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Creation and maintenance of up-to-date documentation;
- To work closely with other areas in IS, Engineering and the business to maintain maximum availability of IT services;
- To ensure the availability of the Betfair infrastructure and services both internally and externally;
- Updating process, procedure and Network deployment templates;
- Assisting other engineers in the team to build and scale the LAN /WAN infrastructure for growth, security, and resilience;
- Proactively maintain infrastructure to prevent failures;
- Maintain monitoring and management platforms;
- Maintenance of development and testing network environments.
- Maintain and adhere to PCI standards where applicable.
- Ensure security patching policy and procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensure policy and process is followed for user administration and access control.
- Adhere to all security policies and procedures relevant to your role
Key Knowledge and Experience
- Attention to detail;
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Focus on planning, testing and carefully controlled implementations;
- Strong logical fault finding.
- Building & maintaining multi-vendor/heterogeneous environments;
- Cisco/Foundry Routing and Switching/similar qualification (CCNP or equivalent a must have. Specific technologies should include Cisco IOS series);
- Experience in building resilient TCP /IP networks including firewall & VPN technologies, gigabit networking, wide area networks, performance/fault monitoring and application switches;
- Experience with protocol analysers and probes;
- Experience with load balancing and content switching appliances including Citrix Netscaler and Wanscaler;
- Practical experience in routing and switching – including STP, VTP, HSRP, BGP4, OSPF and IP protocol experience – i.e. SNMP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, HTTP etc;
- Security experience should include a good understanding of encryption principles and authentication;
- Good experience of BGP & OSPF ;
- Experience working with Firewalls including Juniper and Cisco.
- Experience of maintaining and deploying global networks;
- Experience within a We, Ecommerce or similar organisation.
- 25 days holiday (Varies according to location)
- Cash bonus scheme
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Travel season ticket loan (UK only)
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Employee referral scheme
Betfair - 3 years ago