Tesco Store: Dymchurch Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Pattern: Various Shift Pattern
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering customers the biggest range of products around. And that's not just food, but everything from clothes and kettles to financial services.
But did you know we offer the biggest job opportunities too? With stores across the UK, and a variety of roles, we are always looking for people who are as passionate about helping customers as we are.
Our Every Little Helps approach doesn't just apply to our customers. It's at the very heart of everything we do at work – and it's what makes us different. We believe in treating each other with respect, and everyone having the opportunity to get on. That's what makes Tesco such a great place to work
- Always put the customer first and consider them in everything you do.
- Get to know your customers and serve them with pride and encourage your colleagues to do the same.
- Understand store and department performance and identify areas of improvement and implement plans to improve.
- Actively coaches colleagues to give excellent service and tackles any issue with service immediately.
- Supports delivery of department and legal training and continues to coach colleagues on a day to day basis.
- Ensure colleagues have the information to do their job and delivers weekly communication.
- Co-ordinate department schedules and ensure they are accurate to achieve daily/weekly activities.
- Whilst you will have a core role, you may be asked to support your colleagues by helping in other departments
The Ideal Candidate
- You are able to role model giving great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
- You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Able to build positive relationship’s to create a good team spirit.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business and be able to coach and support colleagues to do the same.
- Be able to provide clear communication to colleagues and customers.
- You are reliable, a good timekeeper and must be smart and tidy at all times to set an example to your colleagues.
- Not afraid to share ideas with your Manager.
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work.
When you join us you’ll be able to join our award winning defined benefit Pensions scheme.
There are also a variety of excellent share schemes you can be part of, to share in our success.
After 6 months you will receive a Privilegecard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
There are also additional special offers available to colleagues throughout the year
Tesco - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations are...