In accordance with the directions of the supervising fee earner and under his or her supervision and control:
1. To deal with word processing; to use the firm's case management system; and to produce documents and correspondence as directed by the supervisors.
2. To transmit and receive fax communications and upon receipt to pass the same on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay.
3. To attend to clients both on the telephone and in person. To take and record accurately any messages and pass the same on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay.
4. To deal accurately with filing/storage and retrieval of client files in line with the office filing system.
5. To set up new files accurately and speedily on instructions from fee earners.
6. To make appointments, arrange meetings, maintain an up-to-date diary as required.
7. To use correctly and cost efficiently the franking machine, recorded delivery labels, and postage stamps on all outgoing post and cost effectively to correctly identify and differentiate between DX post, and Royal Mail Post.
8. To use the photocopying equipment to achieve copies of a high standard and in a cost effective manner.
9. To ensure that all outgoing correspondence and documents are neatly and attractively presented and bound in line with the firm's "house style" and the requirements of the practice.
10. To carry out correctly the prescribed procedures for document and file storage and closing files.
11. To undertake responsibility for switchboard and reception duties during lunchtimes and holiday periods.
12. To prepare, serve and tidy away refreshments as and when required for clients and/or fee earners including the maintenance of a clean and tidy kitchen.
13. To ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client's documentation and/or information.
14. To take instructions and to seek guidance and assistance from the partner in charge or practice manager.
15. To undertake any specific training or refresher course as and when required by the partner in charge, supervising fee earner or practice manager.
16. To undertake any other duties which may from time-to-time be allocated.
17. To carry out all tasks in accordance with the firm's procedure and email and internet manuals where applicable.
18. To provide holiday and sickness cover upon request.
Jobcentre Plus Universal Jobmatch - 15 months ago
Future-Wize was established in 1999 with the mission of supplying quality training and education services, alongside a specialised...