PAREXEL International Corporation is a leading global bio/pharmaceutical services organization, providing a broad range of knowledge-based contract research, consulting, and medical communications services to the worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Committed to providing solutions that expedite time-to-market and peak-market penetration, PAREXEL has developed significant expertise across the development and commercialization continuum, from drug development and regulatory consulting to clinical pharmacology, clinical trials management, medical education and reimbursement. Perceptive Informatics, Inc., a subsidiary of PAREXEL, provides advanced technology solutions, including medical imaging, to facilitate the clinical development process. Headquartered near Boston, Massachusetts, PAREXEL operates in approximately 77 locations throughout over 50 countries around the world, and has more than 15,000 employees.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a high performing, talented, global Editorial Services team with a focus on the delivery of editorial services in support of medical communications projects. As Editorial Specialist you will be responsible for the copy-editing, proof-reading, quality control and production co-ordination of a variety of medcom focused materials such as posters, promotional material, publications and digital media.
Editorial Specialists are responsible for the project management of assigned projects to timeline, budget and quality.
To be considered for this role you will have proven editorial experience gained within the healthcare, pharmaceutical or medical communications industry.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Client-focused approach to work
• A flexible approach with respect to work assignments and new learning
• Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Time management and prioritization skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to continuously improve way of working; unprompted problem anticipation and resolution skills
• Have demonstrated the ability to brief others appropriately and accurately in a timely fashion
• Microsoft Office PowerPoint skills
• A degree (eg, BA in English or Journalism), or the equivalent work experience
Minimum Work Experience
• Relevant experience in a copyediting/proofreading role preferably within the pharmaceutical industry and ideally gained working with a communication agency; highly refined copyediting, and proofreading skills
• Relevant experience in the design, layout, and production of both printed materials and electronic media
• Highly computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word [Advanced], PowerPoint [Advanced], Excel [Intermediate], and Outlook [or equivalent]) for e-mail communication, tasks, calendar, contacts
In return we will be able to offer you a structured Career Pathway and full training within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including pension scheme, tax efficient benefits, health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
- 21 months ago - save job
PAREXEL International excels in pharmaceutical development services. A top contract research organization (CRO), the firm counts among its...