Business Applications Support Manager - Haywards Heath, West Sussex
This Business Applications Support Manager vacancy is based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex but may suit candidates living in any of the nearby locations listed above.
We have a new and exciting opportunity within our IT & Business Change function for a Business Applications Support Manager. You will be responsible for the management of the Business Applications Support team that provide 2nd line support for a range of COTS and in-house built business applications.
We operate a wide spectrum of applications powering our commercial and operational activities. There is a constant stream of project work around enhancements to these systems, and delivery of new applications to support business initiatives.
Business Applications Support Manager Day to Day responsibilities
* Responsible for the Business Applications Support team that provides regular system configuration updates and enhancements to our core product applications
* Provide technical guidance and oversight to the Technical Analysts across all the applications, working closely with the Chief Architect to understand future developments and improvements
* Provide excellent customer service to all end users of the Business Applications acting as a key contact point for senior business stakeholders
* Work in partnership with 3rd party providers to ensure that any 3rd party software or infrastructure is delivery good quality service to the end user community
* Work with our internal development team to ensure software releases are deployed in structured and controlled manner, following effective change control
* Ensure oversight and management of all the Business Applications Support requests, continually prioritising and evaluating
* Defining, developing and enhancing the overall team procedures and processes, ensuring customer service is excelled throughout
* Manage, motivate, deliver, set and monitor objectives of direct reports and undertake regular performance reviews
* Identify training needs within the Bus Apps Support team and ensure relevant and appropriate training is delivered in a timely manner
* Act as a point of escalation for all major Application outages or issues
* Ensure effective and efficient allocation of resources across the team
* Work as part of the IT & Change Management Team ensuring the department is offering excellent service and IT/Change capability to the organisation
* Working in partnership with the business functions and the Business Change team to understand future enhancements and improvements across the range of software applications
* Define the necessary departmental reporting and KPI dashboards that demonstrate and communicate the progress
Essential to the Business Applications Support Manager role
* Educated to Degree level
* Must have broad-based technical knowledge and understand bespoke application development, as well as servers and related software systems.
* Significant experience in IT / Application Support
* Experience of having managed teams of Technical Analysts, Developers and/or Testers
* Experience and confidence at dealing with the full software delivery lifecycle, from development through to delivery and support
* Experience of working with 3rd parties providing a range of services as part of the software delivery and support
So if you feel you have all the rights skills and knowledge to be able to carry out this role and you are looking for that new challenge to drive business improvements and contribute to the success of the business then make sure you apply below today
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team .
Mail Online - 8 months ago