Reporting to the Global Systems Engineering Manager, Substation Automation Solutions, as a member of the R&D systems engineering team supporting the system engineering activities for software and hardware solutions. Specifically, capture, analyse, document and track requirements for new and existing products within Substation Automation Solutions.
- Member of the SAS R&D Systems Engineering team, contributing significantly to the development of new products within all R&D locations in order to progressively align the R&D to the shared vision.
- Capture and engineering of requirements for new and existing products
- Liaise with Marketing, Users and other Stakeholders to record and capture requirements that are desired for new products and in enhancements to existing products.
- Create and maintain requirements documents and specifications within the agreed systems engineering process and activities.
- Liaise with development teams to refine and elaborate initial requirements into detailed requirements suitable for development to engineer.
- Attend gate reviews, peer-to-peer design reviews and other review opportunities to ensure coverage and realisation of requirements in the engineering development process.
- Provide support to the engineering development process to resolve issues of clarity, conflict and feasibility of requirements.
- Provide support in the creation of validation test cases and create/maintain the validation test specification.
- Have involvement in managing requirements changes, including impact analysis and change control of documents.
- Support the R&D environment in the technical solutions for project development.
- Assist in delivering a knowledge base containing requirements to be employed into future developments.
- Seek and suggest improvements to provide a more effective and sustainable engineering process and products.
- Identify weakness and strengths for domain knowledge areas and provide proposals to management for resolving the risk areas.
- Contribute to the ongoing process improvement of systems engineering.
- Qualified with an Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Experience in Power System or Industrial control and automation areas.
- Experience in, or exposure to, an environment that practiced systems engineering processes, such as INCOSE, either as a developer or in a systems engineering capacity.
- Excellent communicator and interact well with people from all levels of the organisation.
- Proven working experience in small software and hardware systems including both real-time embedded and user-orientated systems.
- Appreciation of project management and its processes.
- Appreciation of quality assurance techniques, definition of metrics and continuous improvement strategies.
- Appreciation of configuration and change management strategies.
- Be familiar with various tools that can be used during the system engineering activities, including Doors, Enterprise Architect (EA), Simulink, Clearcase.
JustEngineers.net - 11 months ago
Adecco Group is the world’s leading provider of HR solutions, with over 31,000 employees operating across 5,500 offices in more than 60 coun...