Manager of one of the teams that has responsibility for the development of software within the R&D team. The software teams' role is to deliver all the code for the product line. Responsibility covers the full product lifecycle from identifying new product concepts and defining architectures through the development process to CPE support for shipping products. The team also has responsibility for working with other divisions to ensure code is leveraged into other product lines.
Who we're looking for
Own sustaining support for firmware in shipping products.
- Manage a team of R&D engineers with responsibility for delivering software and unit and sub-system test to all products on the roadmap.
- Ensure that code is developed to agreed schedules, through the agreed processes, and meets the programmes quality goals
- Ensure that the team has a positive and productive working environment and functions as a unit and works well with other teams.
- Ensure that the team has clear objectives that align with the businesses priorities.
- Build the team by recruiting and integrating people both from withinthe companyand externally through OOS.
- Support the development of individuals in the team
- Work closely with key software service providers.
- Ensure that they continue to provide a high quality of service
- Work with the rest of the organisation to ensure we maximise our use of offshore resources.
- Manage module testing for the code developed in the team.
Good communication skills
- Ideally a background in agile software development processes
- Good leadership skills with a record of managing in a complex environment and capable of managing a very strong team.
- Previous people & project management expertise preferred.
- Ideally, very strong knowledge of software development and processes
About our client
A leading player in the Technology
What's on offer
£55,000 - £60,000
Michael Page International
- 4 years ago - save job