In Sales and Marketing, your aim will always be to be the first person a client calls when there's a deal to be done, or to be the first person to call a client with a new product or service that will suit them.
You'll market ideas through formal events like pitches and presentations but you'll also need to be ready to network with clients and travel regularly to meet them to discuss trade ideas. You will have the opportunity to gain a full understanding of all of the products BNP Paribas offers. It involves helping to build a client database, assisting in the management reporting of desk activities and investigating trade settlement problems. You will actively participate in all stages of the transaction process, from client request through to deal closure. This might include pricing requests, answering client queries and creating term sheets. As you progress, you'll cover and nurture your own account list, delivering creative and innovative solutions to your clients in liaison with the Trading and Research teams. Within your first year, you could have your own clients and by this time you will be regularly attending client meetings which often involves travel.
A structuring analyst will be required to:
- Market trading ideas internally and to clients via presentations and marketing materials
- Price products for clients and sales teams and push trade ideas
- Improve and build new pricing models to deliver innovative solutions to clients
- Maintain structuring marketing materials
- Writing product briefs for new products.