Reporting to the Store Manager, the General Assistant’s role is to provide assistance and excellent customer service to the customers of Hobbycraft’s shop and other retail initiatives.
As a General Assistant, yo u will have excellent communication skills as well as being a good team worker and will enjoy dealing with customers and assisting your colleagues.
You will be adaptable and be able to react to change in a positive manner.
As a General Assistant, you will ensure the smooth running of the shop, and maintaining the shop standards by:
- Participating in the day-to-day running of the shop
- Keeping the shop and displays clean and tidy at all times
- Operating the till and accurately handling cash, credit/debit cards and gift cards transactions
- Assist in changing displays of shop stock
- Receiving deliveries, unpacking and replenishing stock
- Assisting with regular stock checks and annual stock takes
- Working in all areas of the store from the shop floor to the warehouse
- Ensuring all fire exits and escape routes are kept free from obstruction
- Being vigilant at all times and to help minimise stock loss
- Answering general customer enquiries in a polite manner
- Ensuring that any issues concerning customer care are reported to the Store Manager
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety procedures are effectively carried out and reporting any concerns to the Store Manager
- Previous retail experience would be an advantage
- Must be passionate about craft and be able to demonstrate at least one craft to high standard!
This role is part time covering 12 hours ; however the successful candidate will need to be flexible in order to accommodate the business trading needs.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Hobbycraft Group, due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, please assume that your application has not been successful. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
You can register with us at http://jobs.hobbycraft.co.uk/candidate/register.aspx and receive job notification via email.